Motivational Quotes of the Day
Selected from Laura Moncur's Motivational Quotations - October 13, 2017
- A misery is not to be measured from the nature of the evil, but from the temper of the sufferer.
- Joseph Addison (1672 - 1719)
- Costly thy habit [dress] as thy purse can buy; But not expressed in fancy - rich, not gaudy. For the apparel oft proclaims the man.
- William Shakespeare (1564 - 1616), 'Hamlet,' Act I, Scene iii
- The older I get, the more I feel
- Sharon Olds, Oprah Magazine, May 2004
- I admit it's tempting to wish for the perfect boss, or the perfect parent, or the perfect outfit, but maybe the best any of us can do is not quit. Play the hand we've been given and accessorize the outfit we've got.
- Allan Heinberg, Sex and the City, A 'Vogue' Idea, 2002
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or
click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from Laura Moncur's
Motivational Quotes collection by an automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.