Read books online
at our other site:
The Literature Page
Motivational Quotes of the Day
Selected from Laura Moncur's Motivational Quotations - July 17, 2014
- Another belief of mine: that everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise.
- Margaret Atwood (1939 - ), Cat's Eye, 1988
- The best cure for worry, depression, melancholy, brooding, is to go deliberately forth and try to lift with one's sympathy the gloom of somebody else.
- Arnold Bennett
- Famous I don't know about. It's hard to be famous and alive. I just want to play music every day and hear someone say, 'Thanks, that was great, here's some money, same time tomorrow, okay?'
- Terry Pratchett, Soul Music, page 151
- When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands, flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty.
- John Muir (1838 - 1914), Travels in Alaska by John Muir, 1915, chapter 1
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or
click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from Laura Moncur's
Motivational Quotes collection by an automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.