Motivational Quotes of the Day
Selected from Laura Moncur's Motivational Quotations - July 02, 2014
- Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth.
- Walt Whitman (1819 - 1892), Song of the Open Road
- Always remember others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
- Richard M. Nixon (1913 - 1994), in his White House farewell
- A tactical retreat is not a bad response to a surprise assault, you know. First you survive. Then you choose your own ground. Then you counterattack.
- Lois McMaster Bujold, A Civil Campaign, 1999
- The whole point in bein' a hero is to do somethin' greater than yerself. It'd be easy to do it for the glory or the girls. We're bigger men than that.
- Alexander Woo, True Blood, Beyond Here Lies Nothing, 2009
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or
click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from Laura Moncur's
Motivational Quotes collection by an automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.