Motivational Quotes of the Day
Selected from Laura Moncur's Motivational Quotations - January 26, 2014
- The unspoken word never does harm.
- The true secret of giving advice is, after you have honestly given it, to be perfectly indifferent whether it is taken or not, and never persist in trying to set people right.
- Hannah Whitall Smith, 1902
- Time is a cruel thief to rob us of our former selves. We lose as much to life as we do to death.
- Elizabeth Forsythe Hailey, 'A Woman of Independent Means'
- In Ethiopia during the famine, I saw stuff there that reorganized how I saw the world. I didn't quite know what to do about it. At a certain point, I felt God is not looking for alms. God is looking for action.
- Bono (1960 - ), Oprah Winfrey Show, 2002
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or
click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from Laura Moncur's
Motivational Quotes collection by an automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.