Motivational Quotes of the Day
Selected from Laura Moncur's Motivational Quotations - January 13, 2014
- Music has charms to soothe the savage breast
To soften rocks, or bend a knotted oak.
- William Congreve (1670 - 1729), The Mourning Bride, Act 1 Scene 1
- Never help a child with a task at which he feels he can succeed.
- Maria Montessori (1870 - 1952)
- Never advise anyone to go to war or to marry.
- Spanish Proverb
- The moments that we have with friends and family, the chances that we have to make a big difference in the world or even to make a small difference to the ones we love, all those wonderful chances that life gives us, life also takes away. It can happen fast and a whole lot sooner than you think.
- Larry Page, University of Michigan Commencement Address, 2009
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or
click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from Laura Moncur's
Motivational Quotes collection by an automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.