Motivational Quotes of the Day
Selected from Laura Moncur's Motivational Quotations - January 09, 2014
- [The body is] a marvelous machine...a chemical laboratory, a power-house. Every movement, voluntary or involuntary, full of secrets and marvels!
- Theodor Herzl (1860 - 1904)
- Wit is so shining a quality that everybody admires it; most people aim at it, all people fear it, and few love it unless in themselves.
- Lord Chesterfield (1694 - 1773), letter to his godson, December 18, 1765
- Doing what you love means dealing with things you don't.
- David Shore, House M.D., Last Temptation, 2011
- How his death hung over that house. It’s part of what I know to be true—your absence is greater than your presence.
- Michael Hainey, After Visiting Friends: A Son's Story, 2013
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or
click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from Laura Moncur's
Motivational Quotes collection by an automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.