Motivational Quotes of the Day
Selected from Laura Moncur's Motivational Quotations - October 23, 2013
- The important thing was to love rather than to be loved.
- W. Somerset Maugham (1874 - 1965), 'Of Human Bondage', 1915
- You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.
- Mahatma Gandhi (1869 - 1948)
- You pile up enough tomorrows and you'll be left with nothing but a bunch of empty yesterdays. I don't know about you, but I'd like to make today worth remembering.
- Meredith Willson, The Music Man
- It's a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what. The weird thing about telling someone they're dying is it tends to focus their priorities. You find out what matters to them. What they're willing to die for. What they're willing to lie for.
- David Shore, House M.D., Three Stories, 2004
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or
click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from Laura Moncur's
Motivational Quotes collection by an automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.