Motivational Quotes of the Day
Selected from Laura Moncur's Motivational Quotations - October 22, 2013
- Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.
- Theodore Roosevelt (1858 - 1919)
- How beggarly appear arguments before a defiant deed!
- Walt Whitman (1819 - 1892)
- A runners creed: I will win; if I cannot win, I shall be second; if I cannot be second, I shall be third; if I cannot place at all, I shall still do my best.
- Ken Doherty
- You don’t get to pick your own nickname. They’ve gotta give you one. It’s like we’re all tryin’ to make pets out of each other and we’re not comfortable unless we get to name ‘em.
- Laura Moncur (1969 - ), Merriton, 03-26-08
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or
click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from Laura Moncur's
Motivational Quotes collection by an automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.