Motivational Quotes of the Day
Selected from Laura Moncur's Motivational Quotations - October 15, 2013
- Courage and perseverance have a magical talisman, before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into air.
- John Quincy Adams (1767 - 1848)
- Love is union with somebody, or something, outside oneself, under the condition of retaining the separateness and integrity of one's own self.
- Erich Fromm (1900 - 1980)
- He who promises more than he is able to perform, is false to himself; and he who does not perform what he has promised, is a traitor to his friend.
- George Shelley
- I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of anything than of a book! When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.
- Jane Austen (1775 - 1817), Pride and Prejudice, 1811
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or
click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from Laura Moncur's
Motivational Quotes collection by an automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.