Motivational Quotes of the Day
Selected from Laura Moncur's Motivational Quotations - August 12, 2013
- Everybody knows if you are too careful you are so occupied in being careful that you are sure to stumble over something.
- Gertrude Stein (1874 - 1946), Everybody's Autobiography, 1937
- Let tears flow of their own accord: their flowing is not inconsistent with inward peace and harmony.
- Seneca (5 BC - 65 AD)
- In battling evil, excess is good; for he who is moderate in announcing the truth is presenting half-truth. He conceals the other half out of fear of the people's wrath.
- Kahlil Gibran (1883 - 1931), 'Narcotics and Dissecting Knives,' Thoughts and Meditations, 1960
- The human brain is unique in that it is the only container of which it can be said that the more you put into it, the more it will hold.
- Glenn Doman
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or
click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from Laura Moncur's
Motivational Quotes collection by an automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.