Motivational Quotes of the Day
Selected from Laura Moncur's Motivational Quotations - August 09, 2013
- Do not judge men by mere appearances; for the light laughter that bubbles on the lip often mantles over the depths of sadness, and the serious look may be the sober veil that covers a divine peace and joy.
- Edward Chapin
- The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come. When in a state of security he does not forget the possibility of ruin. When all is orderly, he does not forget that disorder may come. Thus his person is not endangered, and his States and all their clans are preserved.
- Confucius (551 BC - 479 BC)
- I cannot and will not cut my conscience to fit this year's fashions.
- Lillian Hellman (1905 - 1984), letter to Committee on Un-American Activities of the House of Representatives, May 19, 1952
- It's going to come true like you knew it, but it's not going to feel like you think.
- Rosie O'Donnell, Today Show interview, 04-08-08
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or
click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from Laura Moncur's
Motivational Quotes collection by an automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.