Motivational Quotes of the Day
Selected from Laura Moncur's Motivational Quotations - April 26, 2013
- Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men. Do not pray for tasks equal to your powers. Pray for powers equal to your tasks. Then the doing of your work shall be no miracle, but you shall be the miracle.
- Phillips Brooks (1835 - 1893)
- A good man would prefer to be defeated than to defeat injustice by evil means.
- Sallust (86 BC - 34 BC), 'Jugurthine War,' 41 B.C.
- It does not seem to be true that work necessarily needs to be unpleasant. It may always have to be hard, or at least harder than doing nothing at all. But there is ample evidence that work can be enjoyable, and that indeed, it is often the most enjoyable part of life.
- Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi, Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience, 1990
- Nothing in the world is permanent, and we're foolish when we ask anything to last, but surely we're still more foolish not to take delight in it while we have it. If change is of the essence of existence one would have thought it only sensible to make it the premise of our philosophy.
- W. Somerset Maugham (1874 - 1965), The Razor's Edge, 1943
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or
click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from Laura Moncur's
Motivational Quotes collection by an automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.