Motivational Quotes of the Day
Selected from Laura Moncur's Motivational Quotations - April 20, 2013
- Every day you may make progress. Every step may be fruitful. Yet there will stretch out before you an ever-lengthening, ever-ascending, ever-improving path. You know you will never get to the end of the journey. But this, so far from discouraging, only adds to the joy and glory of the climb.
- Sir Winston Churchill (1874 - 1965)
- If our house be on fire, without inquiring whether it was fired from within or without, we must try to extinguish it.
- Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826), letter to James Lewis, Jr., May 9, 1798
- Hold a book in your hand and you're a pilgrim at the gates of a new city.
- Anne Michaels, Fugitive Pieces
- I once read cooking is something you do for your family. But when youíre alone you sometimes have to treat yourself like family. And now that my apartmentís redolent with the smell of food it feels more like a home than a box where I hang my hat.
- Waiter Rant, Waiter Rant, 01-10-10
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or
click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from Laura Moncur's
Motivational Quotes collection by an automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.