Motivational Quotes of the Day
Selected from Laura Moncur's Motivational Quotations - April 17, 2013
- Leave well - even 'pretty well' - alone: that is what I learn as I get old.
- Edward Fitzgerald (1809 - 1883)
- We live in a time of transition, an uneasy era which is likely to endure for the rest of this century. During the period we may be tempted to abandon some of the time-honored principles and commitments which have been proven during the difficult times of past generations. We must never yield to this temptation. Our American values are not luxuries, but necessities - not the salt in our bread, but the bread itself.
- Jimmy Carter (1924 - ), in his farewell address
- For all that has been, thanks. For all that will be, yes.
- Dag Hammarskjold (1905 - 1961)
- The guy who takes a chance, who walks the line between the known and unknown, who is unafraid of failure, will succeed.
- Gordon Parks
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or
click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from Laura Moncur's
Motivational Quotes collection by an automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.