Motivational Quotes of the Day
Selected from Laura Moncur's Motivational Quotations - March 12, 2013
- There was an immeasurable distance between the quick and the dead: they did not seem to belong to the same species; and it was strange to think that but a little while before they had spoken and moved and eaten and laughed.
- W. Somerset Maugham (1874 - 1965), 'Of Human Bondage', 1915
- A man builds a fine house; and now he has a master, and a task for life; he is to furnish, watch, show it, and keep it in repair, the rest of his days.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803 - 1882), Society and Solitude: Works and Days, 1870
- I have found adventure in flying, in world travel, in business, and even close at hand... Adventure is a state of mind - and spirit.
- Jacqueline Cochran (1910 - 1980)
- Man is born a predestined idealist, for he is born to act. To act is to affirm the worth of an end, and to persist in affirming the worth of an end is to make an ideal.
- Oliver Wendell Holmes (1809 - 1894)
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or
click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from Laura Moncur's
Motivational Quotes collection by an automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.