Motivational Quotes of the Day
Selected from Laura Moncur's Motivational Quotations - February 16, 2013
- I consider being ill as one of the great pleasures of life, provided one is not too ill.
- Samuel Butler (1835 - 1902)
- There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them.
- Sylvia Plath (1932 - 1963), The Bell Jar, 1963
- Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs. I am haunted by waters.
- Norman Maclean, A River Runs Through It
- It is the loving, not the loved, woman who feels loveable.
- Jessamyn West (1902 - 1984)
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or
click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from Laura Moncur's
Motivational Quotes collection by an automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.