Motivational Quotes of the Day
Selected from Laura Moncur's Motivational Quotations - November 20, 2012
- Usually when people are sad, they don't do anything. They just cry over their condition. But when they get angry, they bring about a change.
- Malcolm X (1925 - 1965), Malcolm X Speaks, 1965
- A wise man should have money in his head, but not in his heart.
- Jonathan Swift (1667 - 1745)
- I have often wished I had time to cultivate modesty... But I am too busy thinking about myself.
- Edith Sitwell (1887 - 1964), As quoted in The Observer (30 April 1950)
- It is all very well, when the pen flows, but then there are the dark days when imagination deserts one, and it is an effort to put anything down on paper. That little you have achieved stares at you at the end of the day, and you know the next morning you will have to scrape it down and start again.
- Elizabeth Aston, The True Darcy Spirit, 2006
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or
click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from Laura Moncur's
Motivational Quotes collection by an automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.