Motivational Quotes of the Day
Selected from Laura Moncur's Motivational Quotations - November 15, 2012
- One must know oneself, if this does not serve to discover truth, it at least serves as a rule of life and there is nothing better.
- Blaise Pascal (1623 - 1662)
- Have more than thou showest; Speak less than thou knowest.
- William Shakespeare (1564 - 1616), 'King Lear,' Act I, Scene iv
- You don't need to outdo the competition. It's expensive and defensive. Underdo your competition. We need more simplicity and clarity.
- Jason Fried, Keynote Speech, SXSW 2006
- Poverty cannot deprive us of many consolations. It cannot rob us of the affection we have for each other, or degrade us in our own opinion, of in that of any person, whose opinion we ought to value.
- Ann Radcliffe (1764 - 1823), The Mysteries of Udolpho, 1764
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or
click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from Laura Moncur's
Motivational Quotes collection by an automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.