Motivational Quotes of the Day
Selected from Laura Moncur's Motivational Quotations - November 12, 2012
- Obtain from yourself all that makes complaining useless. No longer implore from others what you yourself can obtain.
- Andre Gide (1869 - 1951)
- It is when power is wedded to chronic fear that it becomes formidable.
- Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983), The Passionate State of Mind, 1954
- I believe in the forgiveness of sin and the redemption of ignorance.
- Adlai E. Stevenson Jr. (1900 - 1965), retort to a heckler asking him to state his beliefs, Time, November 1, 1963
- Where any one body of educated men, of whatever denomination, are condemned indiscriminately, there must be a deficiency of information, or...of something else.
- Jane Austen (1775 - 1817), Mansfield Park
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or
click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from Laura Moncur's
Motivational Quotes collection by an automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.