Motivational Quotes of the Day
Selected from Laura Moncur's Motivational Quotations - November 03, 2012
- Animals are such agreeable friends - they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms.
- George Eliot (1819 - 1880), 'Mr. Gilfil's Love Story,' Scenes of Clerical Life, 1857
- Give what you have. To someone, it may be better than you dare to think.
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (1807 - 1882)
- Don't do what you want. Do what you don't want. Do what you're trained not to want. Do the things that scare you the most.
- Chuck Palahniuk (1962 - ), Invisible Monsters, 1999
- There's a rule in acting called, "Don't play the result." If you have a character who's going to end up in a certain place, don't play that until you get there. Play each scene and each beat as it comes. And that's what you do in life: You don't play the result.
- Michael J. Fox (1961 - ), Good Housekeeping, June 2011
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or
click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from Laura Moncur's
Motivational Quotes collection by an automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.