Motivational Quotes of the Day
Selected from Laura Moncur's Motivational Quotations - October 21, 2012
- He who endeavors to serve, to benefit, and improve the world, is like a swimmer, who struggles against a rapid current, in a river lashed into angry waves by the winds. Often they roar over his head, often they beat him back and baffle him. Most men yield to the stress of the current... Only here and there the stout, strong heart and vigorous arms struggle on toward ultimate success.
- Albert Pike
- Neither should you fret too much about 'writer%uFFFDs block'. If you%uFFFDre looking at a blank piece of paper and nothing comes to you, then go do something else. Writer%uFFFDs block is just a symptom of feeling like you have nothing to say, combined with the rather weird idea that you SHOULD feel the need to say something.
- Hugh Macleod, How To Be Creative: 24, 08-22-04
- If you think taking care of yourself is selfish, change your mind. If you don't, you're simply ducking your responsibilities.
- Ann Richards
- In this new, hyper competitive age, none of us, none of us can afford to be complacent.
- Barack Obama (1961 - ), Arizona State Commencement Speech, 2009
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or
click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from Laura Moncur's
Motivational Quotes collection by an automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.