Motivational Quotes of the Day
Selected from Laura Moncur's Motivational Quotations - September 10, 2012
- It is not wealth one asks for, but just enough to preserve one's dignity, to work unhampered, to be generous, frank and independent.
- W. Somerset Maugham (1874 - 1965), 'Of Human Bondage', 1915
- Let tears flow of their own accord: their flowing is not inconsistent with inward peace and harmony.
- Seneca (5 BC - 65 AD)
- You have to allow a certain amount of time in which you are doing nothing in order to have things occur to you, to let your mind think.
- Mortimer Adler
- Don't ever confuse the two, your life and your work. That's what I have to say. The second is only a part of the first.
- Anna Quindlen (1953 - ), A Short Guide to a Happy Life, 2000
If an author's name is highlighted, you can click it for more quotations by
that author. Click on a quotation for more information about it, or
click on the icons next to each quotation:
- View further information about the quote or link to it on its own page
- Email the quotation to yourself, or to a friend
- View notes about the quotation
Note: These quotes are randomly selected from Laura Moncur's
Motivational Quotes collection by an automatic routine once a day. If you want more quotes, try the Quotations by Author page to
browse our entire collection, or try the Random Quotations Page,
which chooses new quotes each time you load it.