Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:05 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:33 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Hey everyone. It's about 9:30 in the morning here and I just wanted to say good morning. :D

How are you all doing?

~Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:34 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

It's 0730 here, strong winds possible rain. Watching the trees out back dance in the wind is interesting. We need rain badly. My newly built hydroponic vegie garden is booming and I'm taking a sickie. It's a good morning leading into a better day. For me anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:06 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

It's so strange to think of July being a winter month. It's freezing here, I must leave the room. Dinner's ready - pork roast and potatoes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:32 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Good morning from Canberra :) Great chat thread, Knows :D

It is 10.30 am Thursday our time and today is thankfully a little cooler with a breeze.

It has been hovering around the mid thirties all week and we need rain badly. I do love the summer, though, so not complaining except for the plants.

Just watched Ferris Bueller again, with a new generation of my family, and my eight year old grandson loved it as much as his Mum did twenty years ago. I'd forgotten what terrific laidback sheer entertainment it was and a great soundtrack. Maybe a "Ferris Day" would be the cure for that senioritis we were hearing about? :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:57 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Well it's about 2051 local time in New Hampshire, (yes I use military time), and it's very dark out.

I just got back from swing dance club, and it's quite chilly outside, a balmy 18 degrees F and all, with piles and piles of snow on the ground. We've all been out playing in the snow, after all what else to college students do to procrastinate?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:49 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Well I'm glad to see the varying weather. :)

It's about 10:47 PM here. I'm just winding down for the night. I've come to notice how I have completely changed in 3 years. When we're young, we often get tired of people telling us how things will change as we age, but we never believe them. lol The mindset of a child I suppose. :D

~Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:46 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Good morning also from Virginia. I'm actually happy to get back to my school, we've been out all week untill today. It's about 12:45 PM here and just cold enough for it to keep snowing constantly... :|

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:00 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

That's a good idea, gumtree.... I'm all for it!

Lots of people have told me, "Oh, high school, it's the best time of your life... it goes SO fast."

Neither of those apply to me. :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:19 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

You should be careful what you wish for! I was wanting rain in yesterday's post!

Last night we got RAIN - in the form of a four hour thunderstorm with very violent winds! My neighbours had a tree crash in their garden, another rocking over just near the house and Emergency Services came out to cut it down at 1.00 am.

But the rain was soooo good!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:18 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

11:15 am, looks like we might be in for some rain later, or the clouds will burn up and we'll hit 30'C again... hard to predict nowadays.
i'm going through to my flat in my uni town to have a braai with friends tonight and tomorrow night. so all in all, in for a good ol' South African weekend ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:50 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

0848, it's a little cold out here, yesterday got warm enough that all our snow turned into wonderful snow-ball snow. I have one class today at 1200, but then I'm going to meet up with a friend who spent the last semester in New Zealand! I beleive that I will be working on homework all morning so that I can go out later this weekend and play in the snow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:19 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

On January 21 it was only 13 degrees Fahrenheit (which is 19 degrees below freezing) when I got up. I went ouside to walk the dog and I tried to start my ATV and it wouldn't start. I gave it another try and it backfired so loud that I thought someone had fired a shotgun behind me.

It is hard to believe that it is 64 degrees this afternoon as I write this. I live about 100 miles northeast of Graceland and about 110 miles west of Nashville, Tennessee.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:25 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Today, I went to Connie's funeral. It was really awesome. If anyone can remember the Triple Rock Church scene in "Blues Brothers", it was the exact same thing! Lots of "Amen", "Yes, Lord" and "Can I get a witness?" while an old organ was playing in the background... classic Baptist Church.

I was enlivened with a great joy - it was exhilarating. I tried my damndest to think of the worst thoughts possible - any reasons to question any faith. I thought of starving children, murder, pedophile priests... it was all totally overcome by the participation of the congregation, the words of the ministers, the songs, and everything. I was refreshed upon leaving the church.

I had to go to my own church afterward (to "keep Holy the Lord's Day") and it was nothing. I just wanted to tell the priest to wake up. At one point during the sermon, I expected him to ask if he could get a witness. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:17 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Hey, does anyone here play video games? If so, what games would you say helped spark your imagination?

My main two games would have to be Final Fantasy VII (Playstation) and Lost Odyssey (Xbox 360)

I'm not sure if it was the characters or the overall plot, but these two games always keep me coming back for more. Not to mention the music for both of them were done by the same mastermind Nobuo Uematsu.

~Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:37 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Realising this makes me very much the odd man out, I cannot stand 'idiot' games. I like the type of war games where one goes outside, finds a stick, uses a bit of imagination to turn into the weapon of choice and starts running around yelling 'bang'.
'Guitar hero' should require two hands and a guitar, after all there is no major musical work in all history that was put together on an xbox.
I have finally relented and allowed my lad to have a nintendo, but he only gets it on weekends.
On the brighter side, I would rather see a kiddie twiddling his thumbs in front of a LCD than around a bloody spray can.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next