Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:56 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:59 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

I really want to throw rocks and people who feel the need to make a resolution every year. Why wait until the New Year to seek improvement of yourself? You should be seeking change each and every day of your life.

This goes hand in hand with Breast Cancer Awareness month. So one month out of the year, I should care about Breast Cancer?

~Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:45 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

I suppose the concept of you going your way and allowing others to go their's wouldn't work?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:55 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

I'm rather puzzled youwhoknows. This comment of yours is rather negative in spirit and doesn't seem to make any sense. :?

Perhaps a fine resolution would be that you find something more inspiring to contemplate.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:19 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

1whoknows wrote:
This goes hand in hand with Breast Cancer Awareness month. So one month out of the year, I should care about Breast Cancer?

No, of course you should care all the time, but

a) it serves to remind and inform people who may be at risk, encourage and support those suffering and

b) In the case of breast cancer, prostate, diabetes etc it encourages more women/ men to think about it and CHECK, and

c) it helps raise money for much needed research as most of the research and support etc for all these type of "months" rely heavily on voluntary contribution, and

d ) it provides a time to recruit for volunteers, actively and widely while it is getting publicity,and

e) it continues to raise public awareness and create understanding of the specific needs and problems of the groups concerned,

I could go on, but maybe you need to reconsider how you view these events, Knows.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:44 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Lol I suppose this is what people call being "served". I had a moment of temporary ignorance and decided to post it in the forums. Thank you for putting me in my place Gumtree. :)

~Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:36 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

"Get under the house"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:04 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

1whoknows wrote:
Lol I suppose this is what people call being "served". I had a moment of temporary ignorance and decided to post it in the forums. Thank you for putting me in my place Gumtree. :)

I was in "Duchess" mode, Knows :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:42 pm 

I can't agree with this more! I mean, people still hold some truth with resolutions when they could very well make a change over something at any point of the year. Why would you wait for the new year to start a new life when you can do it now, and tally in days ahead of it.

I guess that reason people sync it with the new year is that they have more reason to get it done because it is a new year and they probably want to start it right.