Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:47 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Old Friends
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:27 pm 

After 15 years I found an old boyfriend from school and was shocked to hear that at 34 he has two exs and four kids. I kinda said somethings that weren't nice and he stopped talking to me. I apologized but, still he won't respond to texts and emails.
I didn't mean for this to happen. I just found him after searching for years to find out what had become of him. How do I get him to forgive me if he won't text or email me back? :cry:

The conclusion to this story is this, the next day after I wrote this he contacted me and told me that he had lost his phone at work. So, for the past week since I found him, he had been telling me that he was a football coach for his local high school. So, couple of days went by and then the other night as we were emailing each other, a email popped up into my inbox with the name of his wife on it and his name as the subject.
I was not expecting what I was reading. Now, if your wondering, I knew that his wife and him were having problems but, what I didn't know is what I am about to tell you.
She preceeded to tell me that he had cheated on her thirteen times and is not a football coach , that he was unemployed and had been for years. Now, remind you that this was a football player in high school and a marine for four years. She basically was calling him a bum.
Shocked ? Yes I was ! I was so hoping that he would really have done something with his life and when I found him all would be easy to get together.
But, as you have read not all rainbows have a pot of gold at the end and not all fairy tales end with happily ever after.
THAT's LIFE !
Now, I wonder if I should forgive him but, I think he is so embarresed that he probaby won't ever talk to me again.
:?:

Last edited by TamaraViney on Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Old Friends
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:29 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Apologise to him one more time and let him know how you feel, then leave the matter alone whether he forgives you or not. If he's for you let him go and he'll come back...relax and let nature take its course.

Post subject: Re: Old Friends
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:37 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

All i got to say is, if he's married then leave him alone. Put yourself in his wife's position and put his wife in your position and review the story again and you'll realize that he doesn't love you and there is no future with both of you. Run away my friend and dont look back...