Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:52 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Telepathy
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 6:22 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

One sense we have not really developed, but that seems to hover around us as a possibility.
What do you think? Is it our next step in evolution?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 6:40 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

I personally doubt it. I don't see how it is possible. The stuff that is in the brain stays there until it is manifested in word or deed, no?

I like my senses just the way they are, so telepathy wouldn't be any fun for me. It's hard enough keeping my thoughts from exiting my mouth, to keep from getting in trouble! Imagine if people could read my thoughts, ohhh boy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 10:49 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Telepathy. I think this is merely a result of an intense relationship.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 3:56 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Activity within the brain is electrical and measureable, so is it so far fetched to see it being transmittable? Don't forget how mmuch of the brain's capabilities are still in the realm of the unknown.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 3:03 pm 
DedeKorkut
DedeKorkut

the theory of relativity, as i understand it, suggests that "no message can be transfered in a quicker way than the speed of light." (damn my bad english) so, a sense of telepathy, independent of physical laws seems impossible. but, as DSW wrote, perhaps we will manage to encrypt electrical signals of our brains and then decrypt it, using it as a new and fast way of communication. but it will still be restricted by what restricts radio signals.

or, someone from Turkey will invent a good way to enable Telepathy. i really believe it, anything is possible in Turkey, see our president.

Post subject: Sure...
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:01 am 

Well it is said that the human only uses 10% of their brain. My sister and i joke about having it, but i do believe it is a possibility for the next generation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:55 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Tonyukuk wrote:
the theory of relativity, as i understand it, suggests that "no message can be transfered in a quicker way than the speed of light." (damn my bad english) so, a sense of telepathy, independent of physical laws seems impossible. but, as DSW wrote, perhaps we will manage to encrypt electrical signals of our brains and then decrypt it, using it as a new and fast way of communication. but it will still be restricted by what restricts radio signals.

or, someone from Turkey will invent a good way to enable Telepathy. i really believe it, anything is possible in Turkey, see our president.

The theory of relativity is E=mc2. E is energy, m is mass, and c is the speed of light in a vacuum. It's not that no "message" can be transferred 'in a quicker way than the speed of light'. It is that any particle with mass can never exceed the speed of light. Telepathy or 'messages' or 'thoughts' are not subject to empirical experiments, and thus this question cannot even be considered re the 'theory of relativity'.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:48 am 
DedeKorkut
DedeKorkut

Anajo, i think i'm a bit misunderstood. this is my fault again (: i didn't explained why i understand theory of relativity as "no message can be transferred in a quicker way than the speed of light".

any "message", meaning "encoded information" physically, is a physical entity: genes, electrical signals, light, sound, etc.

so, any kind of messages are obliged to pyhsical rules, since any message, even the light itself is managed by sub-atomic particles. some "imaginary" (for example, particles that carry the "effect"s of "force"s -gravity, for instance-. effects of the force creates a message and it's transferred by particles.)

recent form of theory of relativity, as i understand it, no message can be quicker than the light (:

an example:

γ= 1 / [1-(v^2 / c^2)]^(1/2)

when v (speed) reaches the c value (speed of light) things go as if they are politics of Turkey (: , understand your point, but since i lost my faith, i reject to believe in any "un-explainable by phisics" entity.

mass is a form of the energy, and all those are managed by sub-atomic particles; this is why i think so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:11 pm 

Telepathy contain reality, but require lot of hard work, positive mind,, then man able to exercise it its fundamental reality no one can refuse it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:13 am 

why not ! I hope to know about the telepathy