Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:12 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Deathstiny
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 6:45 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

New topic thing always intrigues me so here's another one- assume that you are about to die. do you have any idea where you're going or is it still important to consider?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 7:52 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

I have three clues. So, I have some idea.

Is it important to consider? Of course it is.

Do I know? Nope!

:)

What about you, arrow?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 3:39 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

The bus i was riding last Tuesday got stalled in the middle of a ravine. It tilted on the right side and from where i was seated at the back, i can see the river and rocks where the bus would fall, it was a close call, the scare of my life and all that was in my mind was death in my face. I did not think about the destination after life nor did i consider it important, as even my mind, my heart and my lips all did unite in saying goodbye. Death , when it is before you just creates a sense of anticipation of the end.

Post subject: Deathstiny
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 7:47 am 

Interesting title. That experience really created in you an anticipation of the end because in most of your recent threads you seem so bitter arrow. Quite typical for anyone who has nothing to look forward to in this life :cry:
If only you knew what poor babies and deprived children go through in Africa maybe your anticipation of the end would change and you will resolve to help rather than sulk. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 4:41 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Arrow that was a horrible experience, so glad you are safe. :)

Post subject: Re: Deathstiny
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 4:44 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

fullmom wrote:
Interesting title. That experience really created in you an anticipation of the end because in most of your recent threads you seem so bitter arrow. Quite typical for anyone who has nothing to look forward to in this life :cry:
If only you knew what poor babies and deprived children go through in Africa maybe your anticipation of the end would change and you will resolve to help rather than sulk. :roll:

You should not presume or you risk becoming offensive.

GT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 5:42 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

gumtree, I could not find the words. So thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 8:23 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

It took me years me to understand and appreciate people here, i started joining this forum not even with a single sarcasm because my intention was only to share my thoughts and have intellectual fun along the way. I will not and never will impose my opinions on anyone, not even on a full mom.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 8:52 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

arrow, friend, please count me as an exception to your non-imposition. It is good news that you are safe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 9:36 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Tommy GS wrote:
arrow, friend, please count me as an exception to your non-imposition. It is good news that you are safe.

Thank you Tom.

Post subject: deathstiny
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:21 am 

arrow wrote:
It took me years me to understand and appreciate people here, i started joining this forum not even with a single sarcasm because my intention was only to share my thoughts and have intellectual fun along the way. I will not and never will impose my opinions on anyone, not even on a full mom.

Forums are forums - intellectual and emotional discourse come colored. But please excuse my comment dear arrow for my approach was indeed offhand.

Where i served before, staring at the face of death was the standard. It was a good week if 20 infant deaths were not posted on the charts. What made me survive was the thought that all those innocent souls were bound for peace land. Then i had cancer. For the sake of my own young children, i struggled hard to survive. All these perhaps made me think your experience was a tempest in a teacup and so i dismissed it as nothing. I forgot that each of us go through different paths in life. Sincerely now i say, glad you made it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 1:21 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Forget that it happened FM. thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 3:39 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

arrow wrote:
The bus i was riding last Tuesday got stalled in the middle of a ravine. It tilted on the right side and from where i was seated at the back, i can see the river and rocks where the bus would fall, it was a close call, the scare of my life and all that was in my mind was death in my face. I did not think about the destination after life nor did i consider it important, as even my mind, my heart and my lips all did unite in saying goodbye. Death , when it is before you just creates a sense of anticipation of the end.

Arrow,
I can relate. I've been in the hospital more than one time thinking that it would not be long before I was dead, and like you, I did not think about the destination after life. I just had a sense of anticipation of the end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 7:34 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Anajo, my dear good friend, among others here, it is always good to see and know you're doing well. After that incident, i just had to make sure that i slept in gratitude.