Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:39 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:11 am 

Hi!

I'm looking for lesbian romance novels. I read the Strawberry Panic light novel (first volume, I couldn't find the second) and I loved it. But there are too few light novels translated from Japanese so I extended my search to regular English novels. I like drama stories, I'm not very fond of comedy, although bits of comedy elements here and there are nice. Also I'm looking for something with elements such as daily life, school life, coming of age, tragedy and "heart-warming" (*). Basically a high school novel that follows the lives of the female characters as they grow and fall in love with each other <3. With no fantasy or other fancy elements (unless they are very subtle), a realistic story set in present time. It can be a tragedy too. If it has erotic or sex parts along the way I won't complain ^^

Does something like that written in English exist? I'm 19 and I'm new to the English literature world (it's not my native language), but I wanted to read something like that for a while now :). I hope my skills are good enough for that :3

Thanks for your time~

(*)
Heart-warming (taken from AniDB): The story and its characters give off good vibes - includes elevated feelings of affection such as tenderness, sympathy and love, all in one package.

Post subject: Her name is Drew
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:02 am 

It's only on Nook and Kindle, but it's a great romance novel. It is a comedy, but the premise is a straight woman becomes the romantic interest to an international (but retired) womanizing female-billionaire, named Drew. Though the love interest is unsure, she gradually falls in love with her, causing all sorts of chaos for her boyfriend and Drew's ex-girlfriend. It is a comedic-romance, but it's really very romantic. Who wouldn't want a story where the straight girl falls so in love with a lesbian, she becomes gay? It's similar to Strawberry Panic. Later ;)

Post subject: Re: Her name is Drew
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:47 pm 

dead4fun wrote:
It's only on Nook and Kindle, but it's a great romance novel. It is a comedy, but the premise is a straight woman becomes the romantic interest to an international (but retired) womanizing female-billionaire, named Drew. Though the love interest is unsure, she gradually falls in love with her, causing all sorts of chaos for her boyfriend and Drew's ex-girlfriend. It is a comedic-romance, but it's really very romantic. Who wouldn't want a story where the straight girl falls so in love with a lesbian, she becomes gay? It's similar to Strawberry Panic. Later ;)

Sorry, I was wrong. You can get it in paperback through Lulu.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:53 pm 

Sarah Waters is a young British novelist who has written 2 novels with a lesbian theme...Tipping the Velvet and Fingersmith. Both worth reading.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:44 pm