Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:04 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:10 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

arrow wrote:
There is unity in diversity when there is a common enemy. That's what that picture means, Libra.

It warms the heart more in knowing that the diversity stems from religious aspect and not merely from ordinary dissimilarity.

I kinda disagree here, arrow.

Since back in time when I was at my school ... as I mentioned before my school was a Catholic one ... mingling both Muslims and Christians underneath the one roof, I ve never felt with any distance between me and my christian colleague - there was no enemy that I can recall back at that time but our Math teacher :P ... ever since, we felt like brothers and sisters. We were friends and grew hand in hand in the one revolution. Its more than a culture, it runs in our blood now ... that's why Egypt is unique coz the crisis we been through proved to us how much we are unified.

Libra.

Last edited by libra&libra on Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:11 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Wanna have a look at Tahrir Square from above?
P.S: Those dots in the middle are human beings ... very outstanding, namely the Egyptians :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:56 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

WOW!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:07 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Libra,
What do you think about this article has to say?

http://www.signandsight.com/features/2124.html

Quote:
Forty percent of Egyptians suffer from malnutrition, 30 percent are illiterate. This makes democracy difficult and fragile but in no way impossible. If it were, Parisians would never have occupied the Bastille. According to a PEW poll from June 2010, 82 percent of Egyptian Muslims want the introduction of Sharia law and stoning for adulteresses; 77 percent find it normal for thieves to have their hands hacked off and 84 percent are in favour of the death penalty for anyone who changes religion. This puts a lid on any overly rosy predictions for the future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:15 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Anajo, that is a very good, sensible article especially

Quote:
Saying revolution and freedom is not the same as saying democracy, respect for minorities, equal rights and good relations with neighbouring nations. All this has yet to be achieved. We welcome the Arab revolution and will continue to watch with our eyes open to the potential dangers. But we should not pretend it is something it is not: all the risks, even the worst dangers, still lie ahead. We only need to look back at our own history: the future has no guarantee.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:39 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Hi Libra

Hope all is well with you, please drop by and let us know how you're going :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:01 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

I've also been wondering about Sally. I thought to myself that having spent so much time protesting, she is now at work very busy attempting to catch up on everything else in her life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:02 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Or perhaps she is not all that content with the aftermath?

Sally?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:11 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

I think if i were in Libra's shoes, i would rest my feet too. :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:01 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Anajo wrote:
Libra,
What do you think about this article has to say?

http://www.signandsight.com/features/2124.html

Quote:
Forty percent of Egyptians suffer from malnutrition, 30 percent are illiterate. This makes democracy difficult and fragile but in no way impossible. If it were, Parisians would never have occupied the Bastille. According to a PEW poll from June 2010, 82 percent of Egyptian Muslims want the introduction of Sharia law and stoning for adulteresses; 77 percent find it normal for thieves to have their hands hacked off and 84 percent are in favour of the death penalty for anyone who changes religion. This puts a lid on any overly rosy predictions for the future.

Hello Anajo my dear ... sorry for showing up late, was kinda busy at work ... our businesses are down these days coz of the sudden drop in our national economy, you know ... affecting our salaries <--- cuts off and blah blah, we are striving, guess that's the price we are paying off now.

In regards to the article, I dont know how accurate this info is but as for me and my friends, family and circle of acquaintances ... we are mostly believing in the moderation idea in everything including our faith. All the penalties mentioned in the above article could be implemented in countries like Saudi Arabia, Iran and so on but Egypt is the land of moderation which is known as an Islamic Arabian nation hence, absorbing the many differences blend within ... so we use our law which could be same as the International apprehended laws around the globe while Islam is not the basic judging factor coz we live with our fellow Christians as well.

30% illiterate people could be found in the areas like the countryside and the percentages of poverty and unemployment are high too ... may be those were made on purpose by the previous regime ... so its logical that fixing all this and that would take quality time. And who said democracy is fit for a society and not for another? !! its a weird concept actually. I would accept that if we are aliens then we should be open for an experiment leading to a healthy debate :)

Democracy will never be fulfilled fairly and totally even in U.S.A itself ... coz its a value in a world where values fade away gradually because of lots of wicked reasons for instance; greed which is fatal and stupidity too. What made the Middle East a zone of war? despite of the fact that it is the most wealthy part in this globe? Its our Oil basically. Why do you think Iraq was attractive? Because the globe suddenly want to help folks there from the brutality of Saddam? <--- bullshit .... heck! wots the deal, Saddam was brutal and ruling them ages ago. Then may be Nuclear causes? No, coz then they went there and realized there was nothing to hold sanctions against the country for. Oil was the answer.

Been asking about these nice organizations namely Human Rights, UNICEF, World Health organization and blah blah (Have they helped any starving ppl dying daily in Africa as in Somalia and many other regions hereabouts and kids suffering cancer and illnesses? answer is big NO) and figured out that they - these lame organizations - are disguised names hiding ugly faces behind ... the biggest action they take is to condemn. P.S: I can condemn too, even better ... does that mean I can a member in their community soon?!!! <--- I would reject, coz I refuse to be any part of this circus.

The best solution for restoring back some of your lost freedom is to take it yourself with your own hands despite its very dangerous and fatigue but worth it. Look at the Middle East now ... total unrest as seems on the surface but relief is taking place instead deep inside everyone of us as a result, people are starting to breathe coz they realized no body will save them but themselves.

Libya now is suffering tremendous massacres made by Gaddafi regime coz he is stupid tyrant same as his previous dictator colleagues in Tunisia and Egypt and there are still upcoming ones on the way to come ... making me think, do all tyrants must be stupid as a vital requirement part to be appointed as rulers? like' a-must' item in their submitted resume? lol that is because, they never learn ... they never ever learn moreover, they excel in repeating the lame methods leading to their downfall.

Another P.S: Been reading about the Romanian revolution which ended the life of their dictator Nicolae Ceausescu and his wife Elena ... somehow making me wish that every dictator must end up like this to be a vivid lesson in the mind of any evil trying to manipulate others in the future.

So to speak about democracy, its like the "Utopia" you love to hear about it but from any one who is NOT a politician coz politicians (most of em) like to twist facts, go around the truth and distort it brilliantly for the sake of 'interests" and greed.

Not defending ourselves in the Middle East but we were/are still indulged in wars since ages ago and being ruled by people who work against us or spying against us who knows! for their own interests as well ... our journey is long but we are always ready to take it despite the percentages of illiteracy, unemployment, illnesses ... etc etc.

Hugs :)

Sal

Last edited by libra&libra on Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:41 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:10 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

gumtree wrote:
Hi Libra

Hope all is well with you, please drop by and let us know how you're going :)

Hello sweets!!

I am very good thanks and yourself? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:10 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Anajo wrote:
Or perhaps she is not all that content with the aftermath?

Sally?

Not very true my dear ... I am happy with what happened, we kept dreaming about it until dreams came true but everything takes time to take their right shape :)

Libra.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:20 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

arrow wrote:
I think if i were in Libra's shoes, i would rest my feet too. :idea:

NO worries arrow :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:31 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster