Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:28 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:05 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Wonderful news at last, I am so happy and can congratulate you and your brave people after all :D :D :D :D :D :D

There will be many pictures and video of those 18 days but here are some from our news you may like to see

http://www.abc.net.au/news/events/egypt ... allery.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:39 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

I don't know what to say,but tis good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:01 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Just heard a report on Al Jazeera Live:

http://www.youtube.com/aljazeeraenglish

Apparently this event means a lot to those in Turkey.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:25 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

DSW wrote:
I don't know what to say,but tis good.

Re what you linked to earlier. I've been hearing the phrase "power to the people" quite a bit today. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:23 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Before anyone says it, I know

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHngF_b3NuE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:28 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Again I would like to thank all my friends here who cared about me and my country ...

Latest updates here: Police who participated (some wicked bunch of em, to be true) in the crime of shooting their fellow Egyptians - are protesting now against the Police Ministry claiming that they gave them direct orders to shoot those peaceful demonstrations and the one who wont shoot them dead will be fired or sent to a trail <---- bullshit now to the hearing of the broad majority of us especially the martyrs' families who lost their fathers, mothers, sons, brother, daughters and sisters in this massacre being played by Mubarak and his government against our nation!

A thing which raised lots of questions in our analytical and political discussions hereabouts ... a thing which will make the task of the police in the coming period very tough hence, people look at them with disgrace and will take a lot of time from the police's side to correct and apologize for the huge mistakes they done against their nation - without thinking! Somehow they discussed the idea of taking 'orders' especially when tackling Army and Police levels ... to which extent the Army's are made robotic or brainwashed ... orders must be broken when they are not in the interest of the majority, that's a vital debate.

My dear people here ... good news, international discussions are going towards granting the Egyptian nation the Nobel Peace Prize for the noble attitude of their cause, defending their rights till death ... peacefully and the very best thing of this all is that you find after we attained our goals, mostly ... we hurried to clean our streets, organize traffic and defend our properties ... so very cultured manners which happen to gain a lot of praise from everyone around and internationally spread ... am happy to be part of this.

So are you for or against a Nobel Prize to the Egyptian Nation? :)

Your opinion is very important, thank you again ...

Sally.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:54 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

I urge you to tell the Nobel commitee to roll their silly little prize into a cylindrcal shape and insert it somewhere uncomfortable. That peace prize is a joke, since Kissinger, Arafat, Mandela and Obama by accepting it you align yourselves with terrorists and sycophants.
See what Kissinger did to Cambodia, Arafat's great invention, the less popular history of Mandela, and as for Obama, well, He'd barely had time to change the letterheads.
Be proud but don't take a meaningless prize.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:24 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Egypt may or may not decide to accept the Nobel Peace Prize if it is offered, but your country doesn't need it to enhance the worldwide reputation you have already earned for a genuine peaceful and united demonstration of people power.

Somehow it seems very opportunist for the prize to suddenly be suggested for Egypt - as though the proposers are trying to take advantage of your triumph to make the prize itself sound so important and influential.

I agree that many of the previous prizewinners are very political and questionable choices. There were others who genuinely deserved honour for contributions to peace, such as Martin Luther King and the Dalai Lama, but neither did they need a Nobel Prize for their reputation and work to be universally recognised.

On a lighter note at last - do we get a picture of you with your mop and bucket? :) After such a long time of acute emotion and stress hope you can find time to relax and wind down a little now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:34 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

So right my friends .. its more than just a prize. Its just a nice notion being offered from our friends all over the world ... just a means to express how they appreciate us and our noble efforts, Nobel prize got a great meaning regardless if being won sometimes by the undeserved, you know :)

We dont need a good reputation, coz Egyptians long ago made history and civilization ,,, it is not bragging, if it is true :)

And what is more precious than any prize without any exaggeration - at least for me - are friends like your good selves who kept asking eagerly with care about me and the on going incidents, I am grateful to you all.

Haha gumtree ma dear ... I ll try to find you one of my best photos there and send to you :)

Libra.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:01 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

The Moslem world has finally awakened by seeing the true essence of democracy. I have a feeling that this will continue across the Arab continent whenever similar circumstances arise and i can't help but imagine how the Al Qaeda organization must be thinking of its own cause and style of waging its battle and implementing its own so called reforms by terrorizing when all these events are unfolding before its very eyes. Who needs a one man "self-proclaimed hero" when the people themselves speak of an entire nation? Who needs violence here and there when a genuine holy war can be staged against a tyrant ?

Know though that some unscrupulous groups could take advantage of or exploit such scenarios for their own agenda and i hope that won't happen in your case.

As repeatedly echoed in many situations, Mahatma Gandhi's saying that" You must be the change you wish to see in the world" i would like to say that we likewise did it as one nation in 1985.

So Congratulations then Libra. You serve your nation well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:59 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Al Qaeda organization is totally illegal and its goals are bloody so what they claim to do underneath the umbrella of Islam is bullshit.

Thanks arrow for your kind words ...

Libra.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:01 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

One of the photos I'd love to share with you is from Al Tahrir square ... one forms of love, unity and care between the Egyptians. In the coming photo you ll see Egyptian Muslim prayers in the middle of a circle being made by Egyptian Christians surrounding them to protect them until they finish praying ... have a look please :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:21 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

That's a great photo, thanks Libra.

Are things in everyday life returning to normal? Are shops and businesses open again and has everyone been able to return to work etc?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:25 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

There is unity in diversity when there is a common enemy. That's what that picture means, Libra.

It warms the heart more in knowing that the diversity stems from religious aspect and not merely from ordinary dissimilarity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:05 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

gumtree wrote:
That's a great photo, thanks Libra.

Are things in everyday life returning to normal? Are shops and businesses open again and has everyone been able to return to work etc?

You welcome :)

Yeah, everything gradually returning back to its shape however, banks would start opening again during this week as well schools but businesses and companies started a week ago. I returned to my office since last week and everyone is happy and coming to office with flags haha ... saluting everyone with a smile I never seen before, as if everyone is victorious his/her own way!

Life is finding its way to Egypt ... who said it ever left it? :)

Libra.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next