Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:19 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:59 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Uncharcteristically for me, I said a prayer for you all last night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:48 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Dear Libra, what you tell us helps us to understand better and so glad you are still safe, we all care very much for you.

It is important for us outside to know who is really on your side among the leaders, who you all can trust to take over.

You will be glad to know that there is so much in the news and on the internet it is very clear to all the world that the demonstrations have been peaceful and it is not the protesters who have shown any violence.

Many many thoughts with you all the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:02 am 
DedeKorkut
DedeKorkut

it's good to hear from you, and thanks for information you shared. so i can discuss about Egypt with my friends better. Alas we can't do anything but to pray and tell what we know about Egpyt to others.

With our good wishes for victory,

Stay alive, dear sister.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:29 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Hi Sally,
Hope that all is going as well as possible considering the circumstances.

Just one thing that I'm confused about:

Quote:
I need to remind you that before Hosni, we were led by this great warrior namely Anwar Al Saddat who was assassinated. He appointed before this time, a deputy to take care of the country until a 'fair' and 'legal' elections take place

It's my understanding that Hosni was vice president under Saddat and legitimately became president when Saddat was assassinated. But yes, since then the elections have been rigged.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:36 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

DSW wrote:
Uncharcteristically for me, I said a prayer for you all last night.

Thank you indeed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:37 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

gumtree wrote:
Dear Libra, what you tell us helps us to understand better and so glad you are still safe, we all care very much for you.

It is important for us outside to know who is really on your side among the leaders, who you all can trust to take over.

You will be glad to know that there is so much in the news and on the internet it is very clear to all the world that the demonstrations have been peaceful and it is not the protesters who have shown any violence.

Many many thoughts with you all the time.

Thank you a lot and as promised, its my duty to bring about the truth from the land of the pyramids.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:39 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Tonyukuk wrote:
it's good to hear from you, and thanks for information you shared. so i can discuss about Egypt with my friends better. Alas we can't do anything but to pray and tell what we know about Egpyt to others.

With our good wishes for victory,

Stay alive, dear sister.

Its good to discuss with your people there ... but this time, be sure coz you are talking to the source now :) ... thanks for your being there bro.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:45 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Anajo wrote:
Hi Sally,
Hope that all is going as well as possible considering the circumstances.

Just one thing that I'm confused about:

Quote:
I need to remind you that before Hosni, we were led by this great warrior namely Anwar Al Saddat who was assassinated. He appointed before this time, a deputy to take care of the country until a 'fair' and 'legal' elections take place

It's my understanding that Hosni was vice president under Saddat and legitimately became president when Saddat was assassinated. But yes, since then the elections have been rigged.

Yeah not so tough times here my dear, hence, we are achieving something regarded as a miracle especially when dealing with a dictator.

Don't be confused, you are right Hosni was his vice president but in case of sudden death or assassination to the president ... will come his vice to hold a transitional government where he/she could submit to elections ... what if, the nation are not approving of him, which was the case! anyways, stipulations here to be amended now to impose the idea of 'elections' we need nothing imposed on us by force.

Even if he is legitimate leader to us, then until when? its a fatal mistake to give someone a reign endlessly and we are paying the mistake now! He kept intervening in the law's stipulations, amending items and paragraphs for the sake of lengthening his time on the presidential chair and even when he is nearly hitting 84 yrs now, he was planning to enforce by inserting into law lines which make his 'son' the coming legitimate ruler of Egypt!! see ... and then his son's son ... etc and we go on underneath a real awful vicious circle. What I am telling you now about his son is not an assumption; it was a worked on plan ... google articles about Gamal Mubarak and you'll grasp the evil plan, even out loud! He appointed his son, Gamal, in the major National 'Democratic' (how ironical :D) party holding the political affairs and so on and started posting his son's pictures in streets paving the way for him to inherit his reign or kingdom. Bullshit indeed!

We have been taught about democracy at schools, nice phony slogans and fragile vanishing notions ... now and after long tiring decades we need to touch these ideas by our hands ... concrete ones, to be translated in each and every meaning we are living in ... simply, we are exhausted of lies as we were patient more than enough.

Fair elections, democracy, humane kind of living, dignity, respect <---- our mottos today.

Sal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:09 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

This is how Tahrir Square looks like from above. People are jamming and pledging to the whole world that they won't leave for the sake of noble causes and their aspired freedom.

If you look closer you can find in the middle tents and blankets where people use to cover themselves when they sleep even if it is raining or cold at night. Army is surrounding them and trying to conquer the place bit by bit so those brave Tahrir guys slept on the edge of their army vehicles challenging them all "You won't kill our dream".

Libra.Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:32 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

And despite the harsh side of our noble revolution, still the Egyptians keep their humor and funny side to help them keep going on ... I ll translate this banner this cool guy is holding :

He is writing addressing Mubarak of course:

"Leave now you senseless creature, I am freezing cold" :)

Libra.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:11 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

What news? Seeing a blank is frightening.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:53 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Still alive and kicking ;)

Libra.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:53 am 
DedeKorkut
DedeKorkut

We wanna hear some good news of victory, sister (:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:38 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Who are you kicking?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:53 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Sally.

Solidarity my sister.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next