Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:05 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:27 pm 
DedeKorkut
DedeKorkut

And Anajo, if you believe that we Turks speak Arabic, that is the most quirky sense of humour . We Turks speak Turkish and that is completely different than Arabic ;)

Quote:
Yippy ki ay
At last, DSW, you spoke something i've heard before!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:43 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Tommy GS wrote:
Hello, hello, hello, Anajo! :D

Hello Tommy ! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:45 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Tonyukuk wrote:
And Anajo, if you believe that we Turks speak Arabic, that is the most quirky sense of humour . We Turks speak Turkish and that is completely different than Arabic ;)

Quote:
Yippy ki ay
At last, DSW, you spoke something i've heard before!

Forgive me Tony. Your native language is Turkish. But of course forgvie me.

And yet is not Arabic the language of Islam? Are you not fluent in the Arabic language?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:49 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Tonyukuk wrote:
Yippy ki ay
At last, DSW, you spoke something i've heard before![/quote]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aTQWC7crW4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:00 pm 
DedeKorkut
DedeKorkut

Anajo, Arabic is the language of Qoran but Qoran has been translated to many languages so people do not need to learn Arabic, and thank God, if it was needed, a hard work it would be. (: There's nothing to forgive, i've met many western people who assume all muslims speak Arabic. It is our fault, not yours.

Also, Arabic and Persian languages influenced Turkish too much, since Turks were nomads and had no words for a "city" life.

Further Information:

Turkish belongs to the Altaic language family and its closest relatives are Mongolian and Hungarian.

Arabic belongs to the Semitic(or Samitic, i don't know the English word) language family and familiar with Hebrew.

Persian belongs to Indo-European language family and shares many common features with germanic languages, and has many shared words with english.

I really liked that song ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:12 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Quote:
It is our fault, not yours.

Tony, you're too kind. :wink:

Thank you for the explanation. It was informative. I learned something from you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:20 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

I tend to think young Tony's nationalism has gone from youthful nonsense to something very positive. He's become a font of knowledge on his history and culture, I'd like to see him generate this 'feel' into a movement.

I'd almost be happy for him to invade, then we can show him how coffee should be made. Of coures they'd need to do the impossible, find a strength greater than 'Ecky Thump.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:55 pm 
DedeKorkut
DedeKorkut

Anajo, anytime you wanna learn more about my race ;) :D

DSW, my nationalism was not completely youthful nonsense, even when i was so young i knew a lot, but i didn't know that there's a difference between discussion and arguing. the QP taught me how to explain my ideas, taught me how to discuss matters without annoying people who don't agree with me. So you're right, i grew more "mature" when compared to 2 years ago. but this change is about my attitude and manner, not only my knowledge.

there's nothing impossible, if there's enough rakı ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:39 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Sorry Mate, I never doubted your knowledge but I think you're right missed the point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:51 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Ecky Thump... I had no idea what this meant. By means of the handy dandy Google I find that

Quote:
Ecky-Thump has long had a reputation for being a "black art" because of the terror that a skilfully wielded sausage can elicit in simple folk

Quote:
Death by sausage remains the preferred method of execution for traitors. The cannons have been retired for the more humanitarian "Bierschinken Beating" technique, where executioners wield specimens of up to 2 meters in length and literally beat the prisoner to death. Not everyone agrees with the curtailing of traditional ways by the law, and it is still not uncommon to find spies, traitors and other enemies of the state mysteriously dead, with sausages stuffed in every orifice.

A clarification
The fact that Robert Mugabe's surname, written backwards, spells out Ebagum (Ee Bah Goom), is pure coincidence. Any rumours that Mugabe is a secret Ecky-Thump practitioner are false.

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Ecky ... _Practices

This ecky thump business has a Monty Python kind of flavor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:56 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

raki ... I like pastis which is similiar. I like anything that is anise flavored including biscochitos which are the state cookie of New Mexico. Seriously, we have not only a state flower (the yucca) and a state bird (the roadrunner), we also have a damned state cookie fer cryin' out loud!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:48 am 
DedeKorkut
DedeKorkut

oh,forget them all,rakı ruleeessss. ;)
(Turkish way to end a discussion)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:18 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Quote:
Ecky-Thump has long had a reputation for being a "black art" because of the terror that a skilfully wielded sausage can elicit in simple folk

Quote:
Death by sausage remains the preferred method of execution for traitors. The cannons have been retired for the more humanitarian "Bierschinken Beating" technique, where executioners wield specimens of up to 2 meters in length and literally beat the prisoner to death. Not everyone agrees with the curtailing of traditional ways by the law, and it is still not uncommon to find spies, traitors and other enemies of the state mysteriously dead, with sausages stuffed in every orifice.

A clarification
The fact that Robert Mugabe's surname, written backwards, spells out Ebagum (Ee Bah Goom), is pure coincidence. Any rumours that Mugabe is a secret Ecky-Thump practitioner are false.

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Ecky ... _Practices

This ecky thump business has a Monty Python kind of flavor.

Not Monty Python at all M'Dear.

The bold, what can I say but Oh, really. (Adjusting his broad, flatcap)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:55 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Quote:
Not Monty Python at all M'Dear

Well, excuuuse me.. :wink: (Sipping her pastis and nibbling on her biscochito. She knows very little about these silly sausages)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:05 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

oh my! Anajo is back ....!!

*me celebrating* ;)

Welcome :)

Libra.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next