Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:28 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:50 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

With the exception of friends that you interact with on regular basis, how well do you know your online friends? Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:49 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Somewhere between very little and nothing at all.

You can make assumptions based on what is posted, but there is still an air of anonymity that prevents users on internet forums, games, networking sites, et al from knowing any solid truths about other users. These assumptions can be confused by guessing and second guessing anbd individuals motivation for posting. Are they genuine person's interactions or a character created by the user for satirical, entertainment or disruptive purposes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:54 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Well, it varies highly. A few I actually know very well, but a very selective few... Most I know very little about, just location, name, hobbies, ect.. For instance, in a few cases, I have actually met my online friends in various public places, and holy cow, they were a lot different than expected to be, some better in a sense, some... not so much... I tend to keep a distance from friends online, namely because I do so for most of my real friends, I only have a single true friend I ever tell anything, and recently he moved quite a distance away from me. Such is life.

"The sun rises every day. What is to love? Lock the sun in a box. Force the sun to overcome adversity in order to rise. THEN, we will cheer! I often admire a beautiful sunrise, but I will never consider the sun a champion for having risen."
Garth Stein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:49 am 

Very fitting for the season and impressively damn interesting.That was awesome! Probably one of the more interesting reads in awhile.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:51 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

What IS a true friend?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:15 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

When you need one most, you'll know. You'll also find out about false friends.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:59 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

I've found both, thankfully.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:59 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

I made a friend online from France. I went to visit him and his wife in France. It was incredible how much his personality in person was just like his personality in writing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:52 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

I will be in France next August! Join me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:28 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Tommy GS wrote:
I will be in France next August! Join me!

Really?! That's great! What made you decide to go? What part of the country you planning on going to and for how long and who are you going with and why August?

I would love to join you for a bit if I can wing it. My funds are a bit rough right now. I'll have to sell some paintings.

Are you learning French?

So many questions... :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:40 am 

:lol: I have lots of good friends online :P I like to hear what everyone is doing in their lifes atleast weekly!!!!! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:25 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

boo boop de boop, tra tra la la la la

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:26 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Lol - Anajo, so much excitement in vain: I am going to World Youth Day 2010, a Catholic retreat. In any case, if I still feel next year the same as I do now, I will be backpacking Europe in the late summer/fall-ish season for however long the trip will take.

Aesthetic value, soul searching, independence, culture, outsider's perspective, experience....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:41 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

I am not learning any new languages. My flight lands in Paris, and I will be at Toulouse and Lourdes, as well. Then we haul it to Madrid, where the retreat will be held with hundreds and hundreds of thousands of people from 16-35, in addition to Church hierarchical members (including Pope Benedict XVI.) Mass, prayer, catechesis, and so forth, celebrating the youth of the Catholic Church from an international perspective. We come back a week later, Aug 21.

As I already mentioned, my plan as of now, is to go back -- I can't go there and STAY there, unfortunately. Hit up some trains, hostels, pubs, coffee shops, tourist attractions... good German beer, good French wine and cheese, good Dutch weed (possibly. I stopped smoking), good Italian pasta....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:12 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

ahem... Well... going to Lourdes on a Catholic youth mission.. not exactly what I had in mind.. :wink: