Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:27 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:29 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

You're all invited ma friends ...

Time: whenever you feel like having vacation, you'll be my guest.
Significant places to visit: Cairo Museum - Pyramids location - Sphinx - Opera House - Alexandria Bibliotheca (Including the best/ authentic and biggest Library in Egypt and whole Middle East) - Salah Al Din Citadel - Mohammed Ali Mosque - Saint Catherine - Sharm Al Shiekh - Sinai & Red Sea - Alexandria - Luxor & Aswan - Kings Valley - Temples and Hatshibsuit Old Pharaoh's queen ... etc.
Food: Be my guest ... look up the menu and just pick up whatever - traditional food.
People general traits: Mostly smiling - helpful - welcoming ... so you won't worry if you and I got lost coz all my nation would eventually be your guide.

That was a brief about my country here ... so you welcome, Can I be your guest too?

If yes ... mind giving me a hint about your country as well? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:30 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Come now, the snow season is upon us I'm told, the Great Ocean Road needs driving, the 12 Apostles await, Melbourne has THE cafe' and restaurant scene, THE most spectacular and spiritually awake mountains, international shows and spectaculars, festivals, bush trails and parks to rival anything anywhere, deserts, rainforest, spectacular wildlife, ocean, bay and freshwater fishing, spectacular underwater scenery, natural spas with full health resorts built around them, wine growers of renown and so far I'm still in Victoria, if go interstate it gets really interesting.

I'll put the kettle on, white and 2 is it?

Anajo, who I hope, still at least has a look here now and again, can testify to the quality of our choccys. (I'll send more if you want?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:15 am 
DedeKorkut
DedeKorkut

Libra, i'll visit Egypt next year, i think. this summer i'll go to Iran and then Romania,but next year i'll have enough money to afford a great voyage (:

and anyone of this forum,yes DSW you too,are welcome if they wanna visit my country (:

I have a small,gloomy and dark flat at a suburb of Istanbul,and i'm considering a move back to dormitory seriously (: but hotels are really cheap in Turkey and they are more suitable than my flat to "live" in (: If you can afford the ticket to come here, the rest would be cheaper than other metropolises of the world. here you can feel three auras of the world history, Roman and Byzantine times(Hagia Sophia), Era of the Ottoman Empire(Blue Mosque) and Modern age(Skyscrapers). and Istanbul is the only city founded on two continents, and Bosphorus is one of the wonders of the world to see before death.

Maidens Tower with siluettes of both Hagia Sophia and Blue Mosque

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:17 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Tony, I'd happily buy you a coffee any time. Even whilst we argue. Libra can sit over the table and laugh at us. There's a strong Turkish community here in Melbourne, including a mosque not 15 minutes from my house. (Mind you 7/8's of the state in non smoking)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:04 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

@ Tony :)

Hey ... Turkey seems so charming and what a lovely photo you posted here!
Be sure you are so welcome whenever you decide visiting Egypt ... 'Be my guest' :)

@ DSW ... yeah! I will laugh coz it would be both interesting and tough debate but after all I am sure of Tony's kind-heart and DSW's broad-mindedness ... debate would eventually change its track to a very beautiful positive discussion where all the cultures meet at one table ... where we are sitting at :)

Libra.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:04 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

When you have all enjoyed Melbourne, please bring DSW and family with you and come 600km north east and be most truly welcome in Canberra. Unlike the ancient cities of Egypt and Turkey, it is a planned city, designed by a gifted American called Walter Burley Griffin around manmade lakes to be the national capital city. It will not even be 100 years old until 1913!

Because of this and because Parliament sits here other Aussies call it soulless and a place full of administrators. They forget public servants are perfectly ordinary people with families and lives and a city needs all the other trades and businesses to keep it going. It is a friendly happy community with plenty of coffee shops, eating places and lots of great events and entertainments. We also have countryside, Snowy Mountains and vineyards close around.

I still haven’t figured out how to post pictures so here is a link to show you that a planned city can be beautiful. There are really terrific National Museums, Library and Art Galleries and a specially fun Science Museum called Questacon where everything is “hands on“ for children from four years old to ninety and where my favourite is seeing the lightning flash as I am too old now to drop in weightless free fall!

Please browse and enjoy and it would be wonderful to show you around myself. :D

http://www.imagesofcanberra.com.au/index.cfm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:09 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Thank you gumtree for the wonderful display of your country and its so wonderful to visit one day, I wish!

P.S: Thanks DSW too .. :)

And gumtree ---> Its easy to insert an image here .. let me try guide you a bit, just when you look upwards in this Message body blank thing you use for reply ... there would be an icon named "Img" .. hit it then select whatever image you want and insert it then another hit on this "img" button when you are done and here you are ... a beautiful pic of Australia and of course would add to its beauty if you are shown in there :-)

Libra.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:04 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

I remember a similar thread on this, hey visit boracay beach here as well!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:24 am 
DedeKorkut
DedeKorkut

DSW, i can't allow you to buy me coffee, because i should bring famous Turkish coffee with me, and it would be one of the most precious gift which can come from Turkey. But so sorry about people of Melbourne, because we call cigarette and coffee "brothers which can not be seperated" and say "dumansız giden imansız gider" (the coffee consumed without smoke is like a man died without believing the God, though i know you'll take no care about this ;)

Sister,will you only laugh at? you should stick together with your brother and teach that DSW a lesson (: oh those Egyptians, they always betray us :D And you are older than me, according to traditions of my region, you should be first to visit. When you enter the great Blue Mosque, and see the sun setting over Suleymaniyeh Mosque, you'll thank our ancestors as they had built such great monuments for Islam.

hey, why don't we share good scenes of our native lands? we can not visit all beautiful places of the world,maybe, but at least we can see their photos or paintings. let us know what hidden treasures lurk in world's part that are unknown to us.I'll open a new topic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:42 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Tonyukuk wrote:
Sister,will you only laugh at? you should stick together with your brother and teach that DSW a lesson (: oh those Egyptians, they always betray us :D And you are older than me, according to traditions of my region, you should be first to visit. When you enter the great Blue Mosque, and see the sun setting over Suleymaniyeh Mosque, you'll thank our ancestors as they had built such great monuments for Islam.

Haha don't worry, Egyptians can be cunning to get out of tricky situations ;) but never betraying - Be sure, you will be safe in the company of an Egyptian my lil Turkish bro and as for the idea of "older than you" ... am very happy to announce that I dont believe in the 'Age concept' so it sounds still that you are the one coming over first Mr. lovely Tony ;) haha

Cheers ...

Libra.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:10 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Tony, I can shout coffee. This is Melbourne, I can take you to a proper Turkish cafe', run by Turks who serve genuine Turkish goodies. I had New Year's eve dinner in a Turkish, family run, restaurant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:09 am 
DedeKorkut
DedeKorkut

but i need at least 5000 Euros to visit you, DSW (: avoid being killed in an accident or disaster, i'll visit you 10 years later, when i can earn that money a month.

Mr. Lovely Tony hah (: ok, i'm sparing my money, next year i will probably have enough to visit you, sister. many thanks (:

and DSW,order "yaprak sarması" and "beyti kebabı"(i hope you are not a poor vegetarian) when you visit that restaurant again, then you can order "fıstık sarması" as dessert. Trust me, i really like both cooking and eating, and my gustation is very good, people say. Have you ever tried Turkish rakı?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:54 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

That's my plans for the weekend buggered, still, for you Tony I will avoid that fatal smash. Not much of a drinker, but I'll belt a raki or 2 down to be sociable. Anything new must be worth a try. Vegetarian, me? Vegetables aren't food, vegetables are what our food eats. See you 2020ish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:27 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

There is a great international foodblog site from Istanbul called "Cafe Fernando" where I often get recipes and it is written in good English maybe you could combine your interests Tony.

We have excellent Turkish cafes in Canberra too and you would be quite at home though I think a few good thick Aussie steaks would go down well with you :)

I learned to enjoy your glorious strong thick coffee when I lived in Cyprus long ago and used to watch rahat lokoum being made by a very old Turkish gentleman with smart waxed moustache, in his shop. I have never ever found any Turkish delight to equal that :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:49 am 
DedeKorkut
DedeKorkut

hahahaha you know what tastes good, gumtree (:

and DSW, drinking rakı is not an ordinary thing. It has certain ceremonies, certain sort of music to be listened, certain topics to be discussed. Also, switching to rakı from beer is a sign of a boy who is coming of age, it is a sign of maturity (: i'll send you one bottle, and write all about rituels should be taken (: