All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 10:03 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Arrow, are you a Christian?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 11:13 am 

When you look at a painting... do you not recognize that it was created by someone? It had an author? When you see a building, do you not realize it had an architect? Someone imagined and created it? Are you so removed from the world, that you can not look around you and see that it too, had an author? To think otherwise is to believe that nothing created something...that is a scientific impossiblilty. Have you ever studied the human body and mind in it's infinite perfection? Each cell is perfect and wonderfully made! To think this just somehow 'happened' to come about is to choose the inane.
Inside of you is the knowledge that you are a created being. You can believe it, or you can deny it. Your choice from a loving God. But you choose! You've got all the proof you need right around you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 1:42 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

GoGetter wrote:
When you look at a painting... do you not recognize that it was created by someone? It had an author? When you see a building, do you not realize it had an architect? Someone imagined and created it? Are you so removed from the world, that you can not look around you and see that it too, had an author? To think otherwise is to believe that nothing created something...that is a scientific impossiblilty. Have you ever studied the human body and mind in it's infinite perfection? Each cell is perfect and wonderfully made! To think this just somehow 'happened' to come about is to choose the inane.
Inside of you is the knowledge that you are a created being. You can believe it, or you can deny it. Your choice from a loving God. But you choose! You've got all the proof you need right around you.

Totally agree about the author concept, bless ya.

Libra.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 8:16 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

When it's working properly, the human body, and mind, are engineering miracles. Regrettably, when they deveop faults, the direct opposite. Non interchangeable parts, circuitry which is near unmappable and a system if levers and pulleys which a close to a practical joke.
I do wonder, if we follow the author analogy, why we needed chapters featuring paedophiles, murderers, genetic disorders, religiously grounded wars, mass deaths in natural disasters and the ever popular lack of any vestige of justice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 10:23 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

DSW ... despite the facts in your approach and the conflict inside of me feeling that there is a creator, I just can't but respect you and continue doing so.

Libra.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 2:23 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

I must admit, although I can't believe I often envy those who have faith.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 7:15 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Can't possibly believe in a God that deliberately creates beings with such a capacity for evil.

That there is some form of science based original "creation" is possible but I have no allegiance to it. That it has any form or intelligence based on human characteristics is sheer arrogance on humans part and a belief created by humans to try and explain what is to them unexplainable.

These are my personal views, but I also believe that other people have every right to think differently as long as they don't try and impose their views on others.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 11:22 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

What irks me most about the deeply religious (or scientific I suppose) is the polarisation of argument. God did it there is no science, or viky verky.
We are bound by the laws of physics, so what's wrong with the possibility of the two being interconnected?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 11:33 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Nothing wrong with that hypothesis at all as long as it applies to the purely physical/chemical/ mechanical aspects of creation, but what about all the mental stuff and its results? Then you come back to some malign or disinterested entity, or does it have no notion that those mental processes are even present? After all we don't know what ants or pieces of grass think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 12:09 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

DSW wrote:
I must admit, although I can't believe I often envy those who have faith.

Why you envy them, if I may?

Libra.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 12:11 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

[quote="gumtree"]Can't possibly believe in a God that deliberately creates beings with such a capacity for evil.

quote]

So I ain't the only one pessmistic here, righto? :)

P.S: You were missed gumtree ...

Libra.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 9:32 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

I envy them, sometimes, because of the comfort one must get from from a something to lean on. Me, I'm bloody tired, I carry my own load and there is no one to take an end. All my life I've had a deep interest in science, which means questioning everything in the search to learn more. Many's the4 question I've asked about religion, but answers are not forthcoming. I can even remember the moment I discovered there would be no answers.
Given it's 0230 just now and I'm watching some Ethiopian movie called MOOLAADE, I'll pose a questionn it raises.
"An insight into the brutal tradition of female 'purification' (circumcision). Four young girls escape a cruel female ritual and are given safe haven from a female elder. Won the UN Certain Regard Award at Cannes in 2004."

Now, if god made his creations perfectly, then all the bits must be required, and if sex is pleasant god must have wanted it that way. How then, do men have the presumption to alter god's design, supposedly in his/her/it's name?
What manner of caring god would allow such a thing in his/her/it's name?

Similarly, if god made us with free will and intelligence, why is it these are stifled in the name of religion?

In a 'holy' war, are not one mob of god's creations killing another mob of god's creations? For what? Did god stuff up making a huge proportion of the population, and needs a maniacal few to fix it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 10:42 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

yeah DSW ... at least they have found a fake belief to lean their minds on to :)

Science vs Religion always ... as Logic is vs Feelings?
Would they ever come to be friends or share at least common grounds?

*sigh*

Libra.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 11:11 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

I think not, because each have heirarchies to be climbed, so it's in the interests of both to remain separate for the agrandisment of members.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 11:20 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Damn! so war is inevitable ...

Every single human being is working so hard to find a mistake or fault with/about his colleague/ boss/ neighbor/ overseas ... until the sphere gets larger and larger more vicious and horrible ...

Why the hell can't people accept each others' differences? What's the problem if I am Muslim and he is a Christian and we are still friends? What will happen to the world if I shake hands with an Atheist? What will happen if I hugged a frog?!!! simply coz its not human then it must be in the lab for being cut into pieces!! lol What happened to the human mentality? Ain't we developing ever? ironically they were talking about theories of evolution, apparently I see it as I call it myself "Evolution backwards" ... I think apes are really watching us on T.V while eating bananas and laughing out loud! damn.

Again ... am not a saint or a perfect being but all what am calling for is the RESPECT notion ... respect differences and you will live peacefully, guaranteed.

Libra.