Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:10 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Adventurous question
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 12:32 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Adventure is for the bold and daring. If one is not apt or up to it, does that make the person boring?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 1:46 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

NO! Adventure is a personal thing. All these 'extreme' sports types give me fits of giggling, they could join up and get paid to do far more adventurous things. Mind you ANYTHING done often enough becomes routine. I've always been bad with heights but I used to rappel out of helicopters 3 or 4 times a week without a thought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 3:16 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

First; define Adventure.

Libra.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 7:08 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

To me, adventure is something that one takes or does with so much passion but without much caution. I guess overly cautious people don't do that and sometimes deemed dull and boring as far as lifestyle is concerned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 7:10 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

DSW wrote:
NO! Adventure is a personal thing. All these 'extreme' sports types give me fits of giggling, they could join up and get paid to do far more adventurous things. Mind you ANYTHING done often enough becomes routine. I've always been bad with heights but I used to rappel out of helicopters 3 or 4 times a week without a thought.

i do rappel too but not out of a chopper 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 9:23 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

No, no, not boring at all.

Different thrills for different people. My mom isn't boring, but she can hardly stand driving on a highway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 8:50 am 
DedeKorkut
DedeKorkut

for me, entering a garden in which lovely dog of the family lives, is an adventure,due to my dog phobia. it would really raise the adrenalin level of my blood. but wandering on a battlefield would not excite me so much, because i'm used to hear gun shots, colour of the blood and smell of the gunpowder. and i'm sure that if i get over my phobia by spending more time with dogs, getting closer to them will mean nothing to me. then, perhaps we can say that adventure is the previous step to habit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 10:21 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

How about this:

I am the boring line of every shinning adventure ever found in this world?

Hehe I just build this previous line depending on a lively example of my simple or may be complicated life course. I just find my interests are so adventurous to me while to the majority are so boring and dull ... knowing that I adore reading and writing makes me a lonesome intellectual boring woman.

damn ... you should kick me out ppl ... am I being extremely pathetic or gloomy these days, pls say YES!

Thank you.

Libra.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 6:49 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

I think Tony has hit the point - doing anything which to you is particularly hard or scary or difficult is your own particular adventure. Doesn't have to be physical sport etc. Just because you don't rush round sailing the world or jumping out of planes no way makes you boring.

On occasions I have to public speak to up to 100 or so people and I promise this scares the pants off me and is an adventure every time. But, you are the only ones I will admit this to and I'll keep on doing it, because it's to promote something I believe is important.

Libra, I'm so sorry life's difficult just now, but you're far too strong to stay down for long. It's really great to have you back, you've brought others back with you and the posts are picking up again :D Please don't go away again the dear old forum will bring your sparkles back :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 12:15 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

gumtree wrote:
Libra, I'm so sorry life's difficult just now, but you're far too strong to stay down for long. It's really great to have you back, you've brought others back with you and the posts are picking up again :D Please don't go away again the dear old forum will bring your sparkles back :wink:

Thanks dear ... I'll do my best to keep strong :)

Libra.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 9:48 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

"lonesome intellectual boring woman."

Lonesome? Bugger off, you've us lot! (However depressing a thought that may be.

Intellectual? Boring? Bugger off! Intellectual is the direct opposite of boring.

I'll not argue with you on the woman part, but if you keep slamming yourself I'll bloody well come over there and slap your backside with a camel. (Or slap a camel with your backside)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 10:30 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

DSW be realistic pls ain't intellectual these days seem boring to many people around the globe?

Here I go ... one day on a random chat with someone I really don't know but his nick was kinda weird as his words - challenged me replying to his trivial questions, one of which; "Hey girl, wot you do fooo fun?" (again I dont consider his question rude or something but so so repetitive line to kill his boredom which I thought to be more of robotic machine like more than a human to human lively talk) - anyways -

For a moment I thought of discarding him in the hope that I may stumble with some mature folks to share some thoughts with but I pitied him and decided to reply him according to my lovely fun notion not according to what he wants to 'listen' to ... my reply was simple as this "I like reading and writing the most". He was kinda silent for an entire minute which I thought was totally shocked more than disappointed and answered back "no no I meant fun" .. I was like "hey, reading and writing are my whole fun interests in the world and again I said the most! - but yes, Probably there are other roaming around with friends, music and movie topics but am .." and before I get to complete this sentence he was like "Excuse me lady! that's so boring"

Haha Suddenly after I was "Hey girl!" shifted to "Excuse me lady!" lol
so answering you Mr. DSW yes, intellectual is boring to most ppl and this incident didnt happen for once but for twice and trice and etc. as a consequence to this I come to be lonely (lonesome) woman not girle girl :)

That am not regretting and I dont blame the guy neither myself but this guy is just representing the scary majority which I hardly belong to.

Libra.

Last edited by libra&libra on Sun May 30, 2010 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 11:09 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Intellectual is boring, to unintellgent, boring people.
If intellectual is truly boring, Steven Hawkins, Albert Einstein, The Curies etc etc must have been able to put a regiment to sleep with a single glance.
How about those boring beggars at NASA, I mean, how dull were the Apollo launches and moon walks?
How does anyone stay awake in a University?
Oy, you cheeky sausage, and me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 11:15 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

DSW wrote:
Intellectual is boring, to unintellgent, boring people.
If intellectual is truly boring, Steven Hawkins, Albert Einstein, The Curies etc etc must have been able to put a regiment to sleep with a single glance.
How about those boring beggars at NASA, I mean, how dull were the Apollo launches and moon walks?
How does anyone stay awake in a University?
Oy, you cheeky sausage, and me!

I am not approving that intellectual is boring - on the contrary - am fighting it. I am glad with who I am, fact is, I'm proud of it. But with lil less companions to share me this bragging ... or lets say, happy to have found one as for now - yourself! :)

Libra.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 5:02 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

libra&libra wrote:
Haha Suddenly after I was "Hey girl!" shifted to "Excuse me lady!" lol
so answering you Mr. DSW yes, intellectual is boring to most ppl and this incident didnt happen for once but for twice and trice and etc. as a consequence to this I come to be lonely (lonesome) woman not girle girl :)

That am not regretting and I dont blame the guy neither myself but this guy is just representing the scary majority which I hardly belong to.

Libra.

Oh Libra, How much better to be addressed as "Excuse me, lady" than a "Hey girl"!

That guy was thick and he'd be the boring one! He suddenly realised he was out of his depth and as he only wants to talk to "Hey girls" he could tell he can't possibly interest you. I think he is only in a majority of the losers who are on the internet to try and chat up girls because they're not sucessful face to face :mrgreen: That sort don't really want an intelligent conversation.

Reading and writing are terrific things to enjoy and so many would wish to do the same.