Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:51 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: My quote.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:53 pm 

Thoughts are remembered, but memories never die.

What do you think?

Post subject: Re: My quote.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:12 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

I love it because it makes me think alot! Now let me ask you a question since its your quote. What do you perceive a thought to be and what do you perceive a memory to be? The reason i asked that is because everytime you remember something that's a memory and memories are from the mind. Now incase you did not know your mind is a thought. So therefore if memories never die then thoughts never die because in order to have memory you must have a mind which is a thought, and if thoughts are remembered then that is a sign that memory is alive. Oh! I hope you understand and your quote is a deep and wise one, please feel free to send more... :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:27 pm 

I completely understand what you mean. But let me express what it means to me as simply as I can.

To me a thought is anything that might run through my mind. Often I easily forget my thoughts, everyone does. Such as remembering to go put gas in my car in the morning. I remember that.

To me, a memory is much more then that. A memory is something special, a thought you will remember for years to come because it beholds more then the average thought that might only last a moment. Saying your last goodbyes to a loved one, having the time of your life with your greatest friends, getting married, birth of your child. These are things that go bound the everyday ordinary, and to most, are considered extraordinary.

I will remember my thoughts sometimes and will forget about them most of the time, but my memories are more then just an idea,reminder, or plan. It was a moment in time that was special. For that moment, time stood still. And to me, that is what makes a memory.

So to me the quote "Thoughts are remembered, but memories never die." is referring to a non-significant moment that i may remember, compared to a special moment that I couldn't forget if I wanted to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:39 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

I love your concept. Are you a writer or poet or just someone who thinks? :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:18 pm 

Just another thinker. Glade you liked my quote thanks for the feed back.

Post subject: quotes
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:30 pm 

its really simple and probably didnt take much time to think about. but it still sounds good and gets the point across

Post subject: Re: quotes
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:46 pm 

Divided wrote:
its really simple and probably didnt take much time to think about. but it still sounds good and gets the point across

yeah it didn't take to much time

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:14 pm 

here is another one.

Do you look, or do you see?
---
The hardest question is the often the one only you know the answer to.
---
A fool ask questions about what he needs to know. A wise man ask questions about things he wants to know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:26 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

It's really interesting, do send more... :idea: