Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:48 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: my poem
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:50 pm 

im an amateur poet...well i kind of write once in a while to express my feelings on paper, this poem was compose after my gf dump me and I would like you to give me your opinion about it, if you like it tell me so and ill post another one i have written recently.ok this is the first poem.i also would apreciate any corrections on my spellin because im not a native speaker thank you in advance.

Broken shackles

Love, what is love?
But a word,
Nothing more, but my heart beat to that word
Why then do I feel so broken for her?
Lady luck’s fool,
I’ll never know the meaning of love
Nor she of hate,
I found some, but none, why then
Do I keep on going?
Hope!! The thunder roars,
And the wind whispers love,
But hope- It is a treacherous path;
one that leads to success, and the other to disappointment.
As for love, it’s just a word

8)

Post subject: Re: my poem
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:06 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Good for a start but love is not a word. Oh please check out my topics it would surely help you. :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:26 am 

uhm love it is a word but i think i get what you say, love its a feeling and as a feeling its confused and long lasting...anyways thanks for the reply!

Post subject: reply to curro
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:19 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

I am a young writer and you are a young poet so i thought that you would of said something and also reply with a poem also and who knows maybe i could send you some things i wrote not the whole thing but little quotes from it. Anyways its up to you! :idea:

" In life it's not what you like but whats good for you and it's not what you want but what you need. For the excitement only lasts until you get the specific thing that you like. For that which you like is what you will want and that which is good for you is what you need. "
'By: Enoch Bernard(Me)' :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:26 am 

ahaha very nice quote ill love to read more,anywyas maybe you knwo this but your quote makes reference to the philosophical topic that men its an unsatisfied being, i dont know if you are familir with this terms, but your quote explains it wondefully,i wont go into the detials of the phylosophycal description of the insatisfaction of men but ill love to post another poem the last one hehehe but firts i need to find it. :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:05 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Never heard of that topic your speaking about but i will make it my homework to check it out. Feel free to ask any questions because the book i'm writing is about love and life. That last quote is from one of my topics FINDING LOVE ON A TWO WAY STREET(DECISIONS) :idea:
This next one is from a next one of my topics called MYSTERIES OF LOVE.

" It was once said in my heart that beauty is the combination of parts that comes together and creates different elements which attracts each other to form a specific substance. When combined you do not need to add nor take away from it to make it perfect for it is already perfect because it is beautiful. Beauty is really and truly an art. What is art? Art is the creation of works of beauty. There are two types of beauty: Natural beauty and True beauty... "
' By: Enoch Bernard. ' :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:29 pm 

yeah you should find about it itss basically goes under the essential features of the human conduct, and those are the inadaptility,plastiity and its insatisafaction, it you want me i can go into detail about it anywyas got a question and its quite silly so basically im tryigin to move on but it feels as im doing wrong but at the same time i can see that my ex gf its distancing herself from me but im trying to make a niec freindship as we were before but she doesnt want i try keeping in touch but she refuses to answer or if an answerr it will take months well im feeling guilty over everytihng i do and its driving me nuts...so what can i do both subjects are of your book so yeah

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:45 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

This is the last quote that ended my topic mysteries of love and i hope it explains what your looking for if not i will go into some details but it says that if the love you have is temporal and not permenant then your wasting your time running after what you like and not whats good for you, it would just be something you want and not what you need. Oh you could also go into the details about those terms you were speaking about because i never heard of it. :idea:

" Check back on the thought you had in your mind the first time you saw that person you said you love. See what kind of conceptualization you had about them in your heart. Think about the profit you wanted to gain and the benefits you desired to accomplish when you were approaching the person. If it's because the person looked nice and you wanted to get to know them then you should realise by now that feeling is the earthly love and not heavenly. As long as it has to do with natural beauty and not true beauty then your belly would only be full for a while. You would just be satisfying your heart for a measure of time. "

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:02 am 

quite good a bit clarrifying but anywyas my phylosophical topic ill explain it here ok first its the inadaptabily of men and its mainly that men camse to the worl unfinished,this is to say not fit as the rest of the animals to survive in the world on its own so basically men arent born to a specific place but adapt theri environment for his survival.the second its teh plasticity or potty theory as i called it its basicalle that men sculpts himself and modelates himself so from an undetermination he will grow more mature and taking shape and to make it more simple its the learning stage men learn form others.The third and the one you should understand its the insatisfaction and so its the inadaptation to any place that makes men set his own goals which its the strongest mechanism of human conduct and here we get to the point although men gains a most gratification after reaching his goals he will experience a constant insatisfaction, men is never satisfy never happy after reaching a goal or a n objective (love) he would grow weary of that and after it bored and try another goal now this atribute its teh one thast makes human a dinamic beings and contributed to the evolution of science,art and technic. heheheheh hope i dint bored you to death with all that.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:12 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

I understand. Oh i am still waiting to see some more poems. If you find that my last quote need a bit clarifying i will be more detailed. In life people is always quick to study how long they were together and all the good times they had and if that person left it would be like the setting of the sun but no one studies if its love or not. If they need the person or want them. These are the things they suppose to be investigating in the relationship today. You can be with someone ten years and still dont love them for love cannot be governed by time. In other words you can be on a job for 25 years and still have hate for someone and not love. SEE! The first thing you should be studing curro is not the way you feel but your thoughtfulness of her not how long but what was it that had your bonded together. Was it a temporal breeze or a permanant wind. Sometimes in living this life you see the leaves on a tree moving an other times its making soo little movement its like the wind has no presence there again. You have to find out if its just a breeze passing by that made the petals from the flowers of the garden in your heart move or if its the wind thats always there...Hope my few words of wisdom inspire you!!! If you still want more details say because as long as its about life/love i can talk forever. I dont only write but in my spear time i teach others. "For he that is greedy an boastful of his knowledge is foolish but he that is charitable and humble of his knowledge is wise..." :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:44 pm 

ok quite a mouthfull but i do get it and in my case i think it was something more than a breeze, but my dilema its that im young and i havent got any experience before that ,mainly was my first gf and yeah now we lived apart she lives in greece i live here on spain, so there si my dilema i dont knwo what to think for i dotn have any experience previous to that in which to base my thinking,eheheheh im 17 and got plenty of time for another romance but ill liek to clear those things. ko now another poem you asked for.
Pointless
As I write this words
All of tehm seem so meaningless
For how can you express
Your feelings with things that dont have such?
How can tehy maek you laught?
when they themselves cant
But yet a few words
spoken are enough to
express what you want
But then again
As I stare at them it
seems pointless and whne
i leave this words the only
sound they will maek
wont be heard by anybody.
et voila´hehehe hope you enjoy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:30 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

VERY IMPRESSIVE! This is a another one of my quote that ended another one of my topics called TOOLS OF LOVE.

"My families and friends I always stand in awe and forever amazed, analyzing and realizing that technology has a great rapidity in its growth and increases everyday, but divine love…divine love is lengthy, never ending, nor changing, neither increasing. Divine love breaks the gravity within this humanistic realm of time and goes way into that timeless zone and beyond. It conquers and passes all things that has mass and occupies space. For divine love is not earth bound but infinitely above all ground."

'By:Enoch Bernard.' :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:44 am 

yeah but as i said before i dont know if it is or not cause of no previous experience, thats whats basically drawing me back,ehehehehe i add you over my hotmail messenger account so you know its me.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:03 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Hope you took heed of all my coats. Oh you can send some more poems. :idea: