Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:28 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Did you?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:36 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Did you ever steal money from your parents when u were a kid?
Why ?
And did the habit stop naturally or because ur parents resolved it?

I did and i think it began when i was around 7 and continued until i was 12. It was mostly small amounts just to pad my usual allowance so i can share what it can buy with friends , most of whom really never had the means like me. Absurd idea but yes, i did to make my other poor classmates happy. Of course i was caught by my parents, censured and punished for several times. The habit stopped after my mom wrote me a letter explaining all the ugly consequences and the gentle assurance of forgiveness. She likewise challenged me to help her first before my classmates. : ) I guess that's what settled the problem. Sorry pals but am on reminiscence.

And final question, do all kids do it? Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:55 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

I did it once or twice when I was about 6, but never more than 50 cents at a time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:29 pm 

I know of very few people who didn't go through this phase! I stole small amounts of money to buy sweets (candy). Although it was some time ago that I was a kid, I ask this question a lot. I think it's fascinating when human behaviour is so similar. We think we are so unique, but we have so much in common with each other. Maybe we aren't so alone after all - at heart, we are all theiving little tikes..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:37 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Oh yes, I stole money from my parents when I was a wee lass, but I never got caught and I just eventually stopped doing that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:25 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

My poor Dad was taxed. Even as a kid I had exotic tastes and every Friday I would sneak out of school at lunchtime to the local Indian (A very unusual type of food for a white lad back then) and have a curry. Every time we get together now I insist on paying for lunch, although I've never explained the "I owe you a few lunches" that goes with it. I bet the bugger knows though!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:43 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

I don't really remember, but I will assume that I did. I know of steeling from my older brother because my money would go missing. I know my parents wouldn't take the money from the draw in my room, so that left my brother. I'm not sure but I think he still does it. He was home for the summer and 35$ went missing. I told what happened at dinner, and a week or 2 later it appeared back in my envelope. I can tell you 100% I had look in the envelope and seen no money when I was looking for the lost money.
If you're wondering how I would know such a thing. I keep a very accurate record of my expensises. So I know give or take about 1$ how much money I have at anytime.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:18 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

No. Never.... Really.