Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:24 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:48 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

*falls to ground fanatical religious believer style*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:30 pm 
Enigma
Enigma

lol...
What's going on?
Apparently I missed something...

Yin

We hold these truths to be selve evident, but evidence is not ownership. Those words are not a decree that we have life, liberty, happiness. Only an iron clad statement that it is ours if we are willing to do all that is necessary to take it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:05 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

You haven't posted in a long time. Have you? Sheesh. Maybe I am missing something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:00 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

chippa wrote:
*falls to ground fanatical religious believer style*

Chi, i feel i missed some connection in there, care to explain?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:12 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

I think that Chippa was expressing such surprise at seeing Yin post that it was akin to a religious experience, and of course expressed tongue in cheek... at least I think that's what she meant... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:23 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

That is possible, so Yin, what have you been up to? and Chi, you should know by now how much we wander

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:33 pm 
Enigma
Enigma

Yeah I took a break for a bit but am back for as long as my wandering self will stay.
And damn it feels good.
Anyway, nm here. What about yall? Anything big in my absence? Any good topics lately?
Yin

We hold these truths to be selve evident, but evidence is not ownership. Those words are not a decree that we have life, liberty, happiness. Only an iron clad statement that it is ours if we are willing to do all that is necessary to take it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:49 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Glad to have another oldie back :D anyway not much has happened that i know of, hard to tell for me though since i was absent all summer, what with living in the woods and all that.

As to what i was doing out there check out this website, they're the people i was working for.

www.vycc.org

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:37 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Everyone is vulnerable, and it's just matter of time before someone falls ill. I never smoke but exposed to second hand smoke.For the first time in my life, last December, i felt chest pain, right under my breastbone. I ignored it assuming it as a mere result of working out but with almost constant shortness of breath, i finally decided to see a doctor. Was advised to undergo lab tests, ECG, etc. Now, am dealing with a heart condition called PVC- premature ventricular contraction. I can only surmise that this was caused by my exposure to second hand smoke which as i now know, is 6x more toxic than the first hand smoke, that leads to lung cancer and heart disease.

I am not calling smokers here to stop, it's your choice . Just that be responsible, when you do smoke especially around kids and older people. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:47 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

I love cigarettes. Expensive and unhealthy; but I like nicotine, and I like socially smoking, as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:58 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

How is '2nd hand ' smoke more toxic than '1st hand'?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:16 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Articles on harmful effects of passive smoking abound on the internet but you might want to visit this webpage- national cancer institute, US national institutes of health.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:29 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

No dispute about the effects of passive smoking, but tobacco smoke is the same if inhaled directly from the item or drifting in the air One could argue that the free floating variety is less harmful, given that it has already (in part) gone through a respiratory tract or is considerably more dilute.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:02 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Then, the keyword perhaps is the frequency of exposure.

Post subject: Smoking
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:25 am 

I started because it was legal (I was 18), and I thought I needed something to relax me quickly. If marijuana was legal, I'd drop cigarettes in a heartbeat. But also, I can smoke during the day, or while I'm driving, and yes, it's relaxing (probably now more because it satiates the addiction than anything), but it doesn't change my state of mind like marijuana or alcohol can.
I knew too many people who used alcohol and hard drugs to relax, and too many "potheads" who had no ambition to do anything beyond work to keep a place to live and an ounce on the tray, and I'm just not that person. I don't like being drunk, or even buzzed really, unless I'm at home.
Another point...I have always gotten along better with the smokers than non-smokers. Certain personalities are more apt to smoke than others. No, I have no study statistics on this, it just seems to be true. I get along better with men than women, and I get along better with smokers than non-smokers. They're generally a little less uptight.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next