Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:40 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:12 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

That answers my question, thank you Tonyukuk. I agree that Jihad can be peaceful. From what I can gather it can be used for anything, (even stuff such as weight loss or quitting smoking). Is it more of a incentive to complete a task, that it brings you closer to God/Allah. Would this be correct?

Some westeners believe that God will help them. Personally I believe in my own and everyones mental strength and resolve. I have lost 3 stone this year, through changing my diet and exercising more. I do not believe God helped me. I believe I did it myself and I am very proud of my achievement. I do not believe in God as such, although I do not consider myself athiest. I do not believe it brings me closer to God. I believe it makes me feel more at one with myself and the world around me. I believe the power resides in everyone to achieve and do good, but also to do bad. I do not believe this fits into any organise religion.

I have never expressed my own beliefs before, I have found it hard to explain them. I hope this helps you understand me and where I am coming from a little more. I respect everyones religions and their rights to believe in them. Just because I don't believe doesn't make it wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:19 am 
DedeKorkut
DedeKorkut

i respect u but do not agree.because humankind is too weak i think.u can be lord of the world but can be killed by a sinle shot.etc. we can raise these examples.so i think u should agree me at this.so i think that we need a strong and ideal thing to trust and being controlled.

A poem written by me:

Ben ki kölesi olmam şu dünyada kimsenin/Bana en büyük hürlük kölen olmaktır senin
en:i never be a slave of someone in this world/But for me,the greatest liberty is being slave of u...
u adressin Allah...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:55 am 

Tonyukuk wrote:
it depends upon personal looking angle.if u wanna be a fanatic, u can use jihad,also if u wanna be a peaceful man u can use jihad too...

Yes.. quite right :)

In deed, it depends on your background and your understanding.

Moshei.. I think Tonyukuk said exactly what I was going to say.

Have a nice day :)

"I Can Do It !"
Success Principles For Smart People!
FaceBook Group
Join The Group Now..
http://go.0ui.biz/5
Click Now!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:24 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Thank you for helping me to understand your beliefs. I do have respect for both of you, but I, albiet naively, disagree with humans being weak. Yes, leadership and guidance is needed, and that is where I think religion is important in many peoples daily lives. I hope you understand and respect my beliefs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:37 am 
DedeKorkut
DedeKorkut

i see and respect, but i disagree. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:42 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

It is clear we stand on opposite sides of the river, but we are using the tools we have to make a bridge. We may build our homes on our respective banks, but we can still communicate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:11 pm 
Quote Guru
Quote Guru

The meaning of Jihad is struggle... struggle against anything... like a jihad for not drinking or jihad for getting good marks in exam...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:51 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Thanks Ishrat. It seems easier to understand now. And if you complete (would that be the right word?) your Jihad does that bring you closer to God or Allah?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:32 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Moshei wrote:
Aha, here we go with Libras point. Different cultures and different points of view. May I just ask here that you two discuss this point and try to agree on some aspects, as well as agree to disagree if you do not see fit to accept each others principles. I would like to you both put your cases forward here, but religion can be a sticky area with many people having their own views and strong to defend them. Please do not allow yourselves to get dragged into an agressive shotuing match. You are both far too intelligent for that. We have a great opportunity here for a healthy dialogue and debate, it would be a great shame for it to be wasted.

Moshei ... am very glad and interested to have you here as well ... you know, I think that my point of view regarding religion and different cultures is not making us shout and debate or fight ... Principles are never changed but ways of life can ... I may like to drive a car going to my work but you may prefer walking to it? but I think that you and I have to agree that we can't work as smugglers ... same to my idea which is to have the same principle but still we lead our lives differently or may be same won't be bothering at all.

Healthy dialogues and constructive talks are always building bridges of closeness and understanding not within countries and communities but even within one's self ... I have to speak out me and face myself from time to time ... to judge whether am progressing forward or vise versa.

Still I would like you to clarify please which cases that you would like me to pose here and illustrate?

You welcome ...

Libra.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:05 pm 
Quote Guru
Quote Guru

Dear everyone is doing a jihad daily... you struggle to get up early morning.. you fight your sleep to be on time to work or school.. thats your jihad.. the jihad does not bring you to God.. but keeps you on fighting to be what you are... its just a stuggle to achieve something.. If I diet..then its my struggle(Jihad) to loose weight and look better..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:16 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

It sounds like a wise and noble way to live ones life. Like anything in life though, its meaning can be corrupted and it misused.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:50 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

So, when someones says Jihad, what they really mean is 'struggle' to impose one's religion on another.

Ah.

Revelations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:10 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Yes, Fish you are right. But for the wrong reasons. It appears that a Jihad can be something that can be when someone tries to impose their religion on others, it can be used for wrong doing, or used to manipulate others into wrong doing. The point you seem to be missing is that it is also a way of setting oneself a challenge that can be as simple as getting up in the morning, or giving up smoking, or drinking. Like all things, it is both positive and negative, both major and minor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:25 pm 
Quote Guru
Quote Guru

No imposing of a religion to some one is not in Islam itself.. you can explain the fundamentals or explain what Islam is.. you cannot force it.. it might be some peoples jihad or struggle to make people aware what Islam is or some peoples Jihad to pass wrong information about Islam via media.. The best for a man to judge is to read the holy book... and know for yourselfs... For Fish its a struggle or Jihad to understand me or what i post most of the times and vice versa... its upto you, how to use the word.. in positive or negetive terminology.. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:01 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Hmm. Anyone want to explain Somalia then?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next