Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:49 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: What is PEACE?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:03 am 
Offline
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:03 am
Posts: 166
Location: my apartment
thinkingreed wrote:
Professor Logic wrote:
thinkingreed wrote:
Is peace a weapon readily available in our heart? Or is peace a state of mind to be pursued? Or is peace a personal character to be cultivated?



Hi, professor logic. How come you quote me and yet say nothing about it? Peace comes when one is in harmony, both spiritually and socially. This is what I have come to understood in the past days. Peace is not something cowardly or rosily fantastical, or a piteous entreaty. It is earned as a prize by those who work hard and think hard.

what do you think of it?

i think its a lovely little pipe dream

_________________
the hollidays are here Bah Hum Bug!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:26 am 
Offline
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:03 am
Posts: 166
Location: my apartment
Tonyukuk wrote:
peace is the greatest lie told by cowards. i believe true peace can only be brought by force, by war.if there are differences between people,peace is only a good dream.Only way to bring peace, we must detroy differences, and make our ideas ruling over theirs...


yeah because that makes sense. forcing people to be "peaceful"

you do know that peace includes 'peace of mind',dont you?

i dont understand how anyone can have that while being scared shitless. thats like saying "so,yeah if you dont be peaceful,im going to break you over my knee and put my foot up your ass." i hope you see the problem with that. or your just stupid. suit yourself.

also, people will always have there differences, even if the peace are is forced.

:arrow:
if your feeling lazy just read this. your wrong because your scenerio is a contradicton and therefore,your point is void.

_________________
the hollidays are here Bah Hum Bug!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:29 am 
Offline
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:28 pm
Posts: 806
Location: Indiana, USA
I agree with Professor Logic.

_________________
In the world of knowledge the idea of Good appears last of all and is seen only with an effort. When seen it is to be the Universal Author of things Beautiful and Right, parent and Lord of Light, and the source of Reason and Truth in the Intellectual.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What is PEACE?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:37 am 
Offline
Philosopher
Philosopher

Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:04 am
Posts: 958
Location: Belgium
Professor Logic wrote:
i think its a lovely little pipe dream

Then you are wrong, have you actually read the whole topic? Peace is relative, I said the following:

Quote:
Peace is what only a perfectly balanced and serene mind can attain


One can be mentally peacefull

_________________
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:27 am 
Offline
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:40 am
Posts: 4043
Location: Land of the Pyramids
Peace is a various collection pieces of serenity in mind.


Libra.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What is PEACE?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:50 am 
Offline
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:03 am
Posts: 166
Location: my apartment
Unnil wrote:
Professor Logic wrote:
i think its a lovely little pipe dream

Then you are wrong, have you actually read the whole topic? Peace is relative, I said the following:

Quote:
Peace is what only a perfectly balanced and serene mind can attain


One can be mentally peacefull


indeed they can. i was referring to the physical kind of peace. lazily didnt read it, read it later, was too lazy to change it. my apologies though.

_________________
the hollidays are here Bah Hum Bug!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:47 am 
Offline
Philosopher
Philosopher

Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:04 am
Posts: 958
Location: Belgium
No problem

_________________
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:52 am 
Offline
DedeKorkut
DedeKorkut

Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:36 am
Posts: 831
Location: Turan
there is a lyric song in Turkey:I've never been able to tell/They've never been able to understand. I have a problem inside my heart/i can no longer keep this/i've never been able to tell...

_________________
"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
Voltaire


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:55 am 
Offline
Member
Member

Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:20 am
Posts: 42
Tonyukuk wrote:
there is a lyric song in Turkey:I've never been able to tell/They've never been able to understand. I have a problem inside my heart/i can no longer keep this/i've never been able to tell...


It is beautiful!

_________________
A reed is more than a reed when it thinks.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:49 pm 
Offline
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:40 am
Posts: 4043
Location: Land of the Pyramids
Peace is to remain cool when everything around is disturbing.


Libra.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:48 pm 
Offline
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:28 pm
Posts: 806
Location: Indiana, USA
Quote:
Peace is to remain cool when everything around is disturbing.

No. There is a difference between remaining aloof, and having peace.

_________________
In the world of knowledge the idea of Good appears last of all and is seen only with an effort. When seen it is to be the Universal Author of things Beautiful and Right, parent and Lord of Light, and the source of Reason and Truth in the Intellectual.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:19 pm 
Offline
Member
Member

Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:20 am
Posts: 42
:D Peace won't come when one's in momentary fear or too cowardly or mentally feeble to live his/her own life independently, responsibly and beautifully.

_________________
A reed is more than a reed when it thinks.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:47 pm 
Offline
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:40 am
Posts: 4043
Location: Land of the Pyramids
tom5030 wrote:
Quote:
Peace is to remain cool when everything around is disturbing.

No. There is a difference between remaining aloof, and having peace.


If there are pills of acquiring a peaceful mind in this nasty world ... pls prescribe !


Libra.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:19 pm 
Offline
Member
Member

Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:20 am
Posts: 42
libra&libra wrote:
If there are pills of acquiring a peaceful mind in this nasty world ... pls prescribe !
Libra.


Unfortunately there are no chemical pills for a peaceful mind. But really religion helps a lot, wether it is Buddhism or Christianity or others.

_________________
A reed is more than a reed when it thinks.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:22 pm 
Offline
Member
Member

Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:20 am
Posts: 42
"There is good testimony that long familiarity with meditation--months, years, decades--contributes to a person's clear-headedness, focus, and good humor."

---Andrew Schelling in Introduction to a book entitled "The Clouds Should Know Me By Now"

_________________
A reed is more than a reed when it thinks.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group