PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 5:35 am 
Sgt Fluffy
Sgt Fluffy

Yea Phantom, Best Wishes!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 6:53 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Thanks for the acknowledgements. I played hookey from work on 6-4-03 in order to celebrate my 46th birthday. One of my friends who teaches English at Union U. came over at 8:00 a.m. We had a fine breakfast at a local restuarant then drove to Mousetail Landing State Park to do some hiking. It was almost noon when we launched a rented canoe into the Buffalo River. The weather was cool but otherwise perfect. We had a picnic lunch on the shoals of the Buffalo (ham & cheese on white bread, Beenie Weenies, and cheddar cheese crackers). Our float was peaceful and relaxing. I caught one small-mouth bass on a tiny Rebel Crawfish lure. My buddy read silently from a book of poetry. We arrived at Opossum Creek landing, 4-miles later, at 2:20 p.m. At 3:00 p.m. we were shuttled back to Flatwoods Canoe Base. At 4:35 p.m. we arrived back at Camp Juniper.

My son grilled some New York strips. The Queen made some twice baked potatoes and layered salad. We had red wine with our meal and Lemon Icebox pie was served for dessert. I got gifts of red wine, video tapes, clothing, and a new fishing rod. I bought mself a wooden canoe paddle to commemorate my 46th float on the Buffalo. :D

Excerpt from Canoe Log, 1998:

#27--May 25, 98 , Memorial Day Float. Andrew and I drove from Cedar Grove to float ten miles from Bell Bridge to Slink Shoals. We were
on the river 3.5 hours. Flatwoods Canoe Base.

#28--June 28, 98 Jon McAlexander and I drove from Cedar Grove to float ten miles from Bell to Blue Rock. I jumped, (my first) from a 30 foot bluff into the river. We shot a roll of film! Flatwoods Canoe Base.

#29--July 4th, 98, Chuck Blow and I floated ten miles from Bell to Blue Rock. We had a damn good time! It was Chuck’s first run on the Buffalo. Outfitted by Flatwoods Canoe Base. We shot 3 rolls of film!

#30--July 19, 98 Solo Trip from Bell to Blue Rock. I saw a lot of folks from Lexington including Robert Jowers and his date. (Flatwoods)

#31 --Aug. 1, 98, Solo Trip from Bell to Blue Rock, I met a trio of college girls from Nashville. Lost camera ! Flatwoods Canoe Base

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 8:31 am 
Sgt Fluffy
Sgt Fluffy

Delta: (its the fourth letter in the Greek alphabet you know)

May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind be ever at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face and the rain fall softly on your fields. And until we meet again, May God hold you in the hollow of his hand.

May God grant you always...A sunbeam to warm you, a moonbeam to charm you, a sheltering Angel so nothing can harm you. Laughter to cheer you. Faithful friends near you. And whenever you pray, Heaven to hear you.

May the strength of God pilot us, may the wisdom of God instruct us, may the hand of God protect us, may the word of God direct us. Be always ours this day and for evermore. - St. Patrick

May your days be many and your troubles be few. May all God's blessings descend upon you. May peace be within you may your heart be strong. May you find what you're seeking wherever you roam.

May flowers always line your path and sunshine light your day. May songbirds serenade you every step along the way. May a rainbow run beside you in a sky that’s always blue. And may happiness fill your heart each day your whole life through.

May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.

Irish Blessing
http://www.thinkexist.com/English/Autho ... 4725_1.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 11:42 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

thanks for the blessings :)
http://www.outdoorsite.com/igallery/ind ... 232F02E34F

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 3:53 am 
Sgt Fluffy
Sgt Fluffy