Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:17 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:36 pm 

Well, I'm thinking of starting another thread on comfort levels here. I think that a lot of the friendships made here are very good friendships, but that some of you are thrown off by the whole "being perosonal" thing. I will explain it there.

Raven

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:41 pm 
Quote Guru
Quote Guru

Well I'm real.. dont know about the rest..
Hey Fakes.. pls stand up.. so we could copyright you...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:43 pm 

hahahahhahaha! :lol: Your awesome Ishrat.

Raven

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:48 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

i realize that the people on the other side are people, real people. but when talking about it. i keep referring to the people i know in person as real people and the place i know them as the real world. so i'm not sure what that means. perhaps that i over simplify terms? *shurgs*

"In my time, nightmares walked among us, skewering victims in plain sight...This to make us laugh. And now nightmares are trapped inside the heads of humans...I wonder whom they angered so to merit such a fate?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:57 pm 
Quote Guru
Quote Guru

Anyone who wants to know me in person... Could sponsor a ticket, hotel and shopping arrangements.. I would be glad to show up in person and YES, I dont want GIFTS.. but since you all would insist, I would gladly ACCEPT. So those who think people in internet are FAKE.. Think again.
Hmm I think Anajo was refering to fakes.... hmmmmm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:20 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

animalaia wrote:
i realize that the people on the other side are people, real people. but when talking about it. i keep referring to the people i know in person as real people and the place i know them as the real world. so i'm not sure what that means. perhaps that i over simplify terms? *shurgs*

I just realised that I did that too. I think you are right though....just simplifying terms. I tend to do that a lot.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
~Robert Frost~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:37 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

ishrat wrote:
Well I'm real.. ...

haha.. well said.
i am a real person too ! 8)

Quote:
i realize that the people on the other side are people, real people. but when talking about it. i keep referring to the people i know in person as real people and the place i know them as the real world

on the other hand the world we are living in or the people who we are talking to, arent entirely real. i think i wrote this before (which refers to Baudrillard) :arrow: that kind of problems completely depend on your point of view to disneyland. do you think the disneyland is real ?
i know many people in daily life wear various masks. physical expressions, physicval attraction, etc. sometimes might be misleading.
for example, people tend to believe people with big eyes, physicaly attaractive face and body, people who talk fluently, etc.
of course, seeing these is also an advantage, but not at first sight. seeing a person after you knew about her/his character is better for me.

people can defeat eachother on internet, but they can do this in everyday life, too. who can say that nobody could dissapoint to herself/himself in daily life ?. were it be like that, we all would be the healtiest-friendship/relationship-maniacs without internet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:52 am 
Quote Guru
Quote Guru

I wear NO mask... and could defend better in person then the NET... So the OFEER above is STILL Open.. Be the lucky person to Sponsor the trip..
What r u thinking Odette... Sponsoring

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:41 pm 

I'd sponsor the trip, but ummm...I don't have the money.

Raven

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:52 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

It doesn't matter whether they are really or not, what matters is the fact that (in most cases) you would never know....... the fact that many of the people I talk to on here, I will probably never meet means that, if I wanted to, I could just be whoever I wanted to be, I could say I was a fifty year old woman from Washington state and no - one would know.

Thats the key issue here, the anonymity which surrounds anyone who uses the internet.

Guitar Guy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:52 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Quote:
This is my most recent experience with a person on the internet: I have been a member of another forum since December 2005. There was some problems that occurred with the moderator on this particular forum and a lot of changes were made. I was promoted to a leadership position on the forum by the owner, but it was not moderator status. I thought that I had a pretty good relationship with the owner of the forum (via email). I had even sent him money to support his site. I tried to do my best to show my support. Recently there was an issue about religious people who were spreading their religious agendas on the website. I brought it to the owners attention. He stopped replying to my emails. Finally, I got a response out of him yesterday. He began accusing me of being an internet troll. He said that I was an impostor and had several different identities on the forum. I was totally shocked! This was part of his email to me yesterday:

I knew who you were, I just wanted to recoup some of my money.

You guys are useless without PMs. Too funny ....

I was in tears yesterday. I never thought that someone on the internet could bring me to tears, and I do not cry that much. I am very hurt about it all, and I told him that. However, he does not seem to care. I tried to explain the truth to him, but he will not return my emails anymore. I do believe that he has a true mental problem, probably a paranoia disorder.

I just got an email from the hateful bastard a little while ago. My last email to him was very kind, and I tried to end things on a positive note. He is still jabbing at me; he wants to really hurt me with his cruel words, but I am not going to respond. I will be the one to ignore him now! I am positve that he has a mental disorder for sure. From all his ranting, he sounds like he is probably suffering from paranoid schizophrenia or something similar. You just never know about people on the internet!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:02 pm 

I've got a messed up story to tell. I think I might have told it on here before, but it will have to wait. I have to finish cleaning and calling places to find an apartment. Then I will hopefully be back on.

Raven

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:54 pm 
Quote Guru
Quote Guru

So sweet of you raven, Ill surly meet you one day in person...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:07 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

ishrat wrote:
I wear NO mask... and could defend better in person then the NET... So the OFEER above is STILL Open.. Be the lucky person to Sponsor the trip..
What r u thinking Odette... Sponsoring

hah..it is a very interesting suggestion for an international L.D.R. victim. :)

Quote:
I could say I was a fifty year old woman from Washington state and no - one would know.

what a fantasy ! :lol:

Quote:
I just got an email from the hateful bastard a little while ago. My last email to him was very kind, and I tried to end things on a positive note. He is still jabbing at me; he wants to really hurt me with his cruel words, but I am not going to respond. I will be the one to ignore him now! I am positve that he has a mental disorder for sure. From all his ranting, he sounds like he is probably suffering from paranoid schizophrenia or something similar. You just never know about people on the internet!

why dont you change your email adress and forget it ?.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:51 am 
The Sceptic
The Sceptic

Greta if the person sending those emails has your Gmail account you can set up a filter so it is automatically deleted. Probably best to do that so you don't have to worry about giving people your email address again and missing someone.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next