Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:46 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:58 pm 

Well, I didn't mean the quote in that way. I think the person who said it to me meant it in the way that my problems weren't as big as his, but I deciphered it in a different way. Everyones problems seem monumental to them, thats just the way it is. If you were to look at your problems in a different perspective though, you might see that there is another way to fix them, instead of dwelling in them constantly. I am one who constantly holds my toungue when it comes to others problems. I never say that their problems are bigger than mine. I agree with myself that their problems are no less than mine, just different in form.

Raven :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:25 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

i wasn't complaining or climbing on my soap-box. sorry if it sounded like i was lecturing, i was just trying to show all of this in a different light. raven, i took the quote basically the same as you, but it reminded me of some many people do that is highly annoying and sometimes cost people their friends.

"In my time, nightmares walked among us, skewering victims in plain sight...This to make us laugh. And now nightmares are trapped inside the heads of humans...I wonder whom they angered so to merit such a fate?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:00 pm 

Khullm,
Quote:
Seriously too bad most people in the world are not like u guys... Its so hard to find someone to have an intelectual conversation with without offending them...

Thank you for the compliment! The same goes for you. You should post some of your opinions in the Fluff Forum. Most of us socialize there, and get to know one another.

Best Wishes,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:43 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

get to know one another, soap-box one another, help one another, all that jazz. :wink:

"In my time, nightmares walked among us, skewering victims in plain sight...This to make us laugh. And now nightmares are trapped inside the heads of humans...I wonder whom they angered so to merit such a fate?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:17 pm 

this is my first time on this forum so what do yall exactllytalk about?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:09 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

first bril423, WELCOME :D :D we talk about a little of everything. the fluff section is what you want to read to get to know our personality. just post there that you're new as a new topic and watch the info roll in. lol.

Post subject: to every one
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:45 am 

This is to everyone that has lost n-e one. well i know how it fells to have lost love and every day i wake up thinking "why?" and its like the person is still here but then reality hits you and its like the pain never went away. but then you see that the day is passing you by and i sit and think for a while and i know that i can make it even if i feel dead inside. I was looking over some of the other replies and yall are right losing love does hurt like hell and you do feel dead but i've come to relize that the person would have wanted you to be happy even with the pain but the pain never goes away. But it does get easier to wake and try to live your life.
one of my favorate quotes:
Quote:
"True love never dies as we see in our eyes, only when we let go that we can truly say goodbye."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:37 pm 

"Looking back, I have this to regret, that too often when I loved, I did not say so."
-David Grayson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:56 pm 
The Sceptic
The Sceptic

THat is a point. I need some romantic quotes. I have been sending 1 to mf gf in each emai l I send here and have nearly run out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:55 pm 

Sigs,
I was about to send you a whole collection until I realized that you sent them to me when I first came on this site. I had to laugh. That seems like a really long time ago when I fisrt popped onto the thread "Need quotes on Love". Well, now I will return the favor and rumage..........................................I didn't take time to look through your collection to see if I'm giving you some of the same, so bare with me.

Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle...rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be.
~Unknown~

You call it madness, but I call it love.
~Don Byas~

In order to get to the Rainbow, you must first conquer the rain.
~Unknown~

I've loved you forever, in lifetimes before.
~N'Sync~

To have the rose, you must accept the thorns.
~Joe Sin~

Within you I lose myself. Without you I find myself wanting to become lost again.
~Unknown~

I fell in love with you the second I layed eyes on you, it had nothing to do with the way you looked, there was something in your eyes, then I found out what was in your heart.
~Unknown~

Somewhere there's someone who dreams of your smile, and finds in your presence that life is worth while, so when you are lonely, remember this is true: Somebody, somewhere is thinking of you.
~Unknown~

I fell in love with her courage, her sincerity, and her flaming self-respect and it's these things I'd believe in even if the whole world indulged in wild suspicions that she wasn't all she should be…. I love her and that's the beginning of everything.
~F. Scott Fitzgerald~

Because I love There is an invisible way across the sky. Birds travel that way, the sun and Moon And all the star's travel that passed by night.
Because I love There is a river flowing will night long. Because I love All night long the river flows into my sleep, Ten thousand things are sleeping in my arms, And sleeping wake; and flowing out at rest.
~Kathleen Raine~

"When you love, your life is nothing, not a fraction, not a speck of dust, nothing when compared to the life of the one you love. You would give it in a second."
~sardo_shhs
(Some of these are quotes that people created on Quotations.)

"Love between two people does not need to be expressed through words, but heard in the depths of silence that is seen within their eyes as they gaze upon one another."
~Arianna G.

“Oh, but what right and wrong in the minds of many is, will twisted thoughts only seamlessly be condoned. When the part of love is brought to front, the lovers heart will rule over all.”
~Arianna G.

“I believe that regardless of what we expect in a mate, we will ultimately never get that. Instead, we will get something we never expected and more. The people we want are never what we picture in our head. Once with them, we find that it doesn't matter, and our idea of a perfect mate melds with that of the person we are with. It transforms into what we have instead of what we don't have. Making us love the person even more.”
~Arianna G.

"You know you are in love
when you see the world in her eyes,
and her eyes everywhere in the world."
- David Levesque -

The Magic Of Love

Love is like magic
And it always will be.
For love still remains
Life's sweet mystery!!
Love works in ways
That are wondrous and strange
And there's nothing in life
That love cannot change!!
Love can transform
The most commonplace
Into beauty and splendor
And sweetness and grace.
Love is unselfish,
Understanding and kind,
For it sees with its heart
And not with its mind!!
Love is the answer
That everyone seeks...
Love is the language,
That every heart speaks.
Love can't be bought,
It is priceless and free,
Love, like pure magic,
Is life's sweet mystery!!

- Helen Steiner Rice -

If you need anymore...just ask.

Best of Wishes,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:45 am 
QuoteMistress
QuoteMistress

I dnt know if this is relevant but I love this verse:
"Love is patient, Love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1 Corinthians 13:4-7

Rana

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next