Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:13 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:44 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

you're welcome, but why are you thanking me?

"In my time, nightmares walked among us, skewering victims in plain sight...This to make us laugh. And now nightmares are trapped inside the heads of humans...I wonder whom they angered so to merit such a fate?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:05 pm 

i am going threw a hard time now too. i made up this quote that kinda sums it all up. "i didnt know it was love till it was gone". making up quotes helps me out. try it. and just an FYI if you put up quotes that have the message like get over it or there are others it really doesnt help just makes you feel worse cause people are telling you you will never be with them again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:07 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Sometimes...I wonder if the love we lost was really as vibrant as we believe it was, after we lost it.

Don't show me the palm tree, show me the dates.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:50 am 

The key is remembering the good times, forgiving the bad times, and remembering the lessons the whole relationship had to give. In that way, we can truly know that things are only as wonderful as we make it. The key is in not letting the bad times overwhelm the good times. Why do you think they say that light conquors darkness? Despite my bad relationships, I always remember the good days, and they still make me smile when I look back at them. I bet if you tried to remember the good times, they would make you smile to. You see, in that relationship that I talked about in here, the not very good one, I had so many angry feelings towards the person. I asked myself at one point, "What would I do if he walked up to my door again sometime down the road? Would I hit him out of anger, or would I hug him?"
I honestly thought I would hit him, but then he showed up at my door some 7 months after we broke up. Just appeared out of no where. I ended up hugging him despite his faults. I had learned my lessons from that relationship, and had forgiven him a long time ago. I saw no need in getting angry at him again. I had already done that enough. So if we remember these lost loves, and remember all that they had to give, then we can move on to something better. We wont be dwelling in the darkness of our past, which only leads to more darkness.

Raven :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:52 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

this is true raven. but its easier to forgive someone when you are happy in your current place.

"In my time, nightmares walked among us, skewering victims in plain sight...This to make us laugh. And now nightmares are trapped inside the heads of humans...I wonder whom they angered so to merit such a fate?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:24 pm 

Quote:
this is true raven. but its easier to forgive someone when you are happy in your current place.

Yes, and if I didn't say this...it did take me awhile to forgive him, but I still never forgot the good times. And Yes, perhaps it is the good times that make it harder for us to let go, but if we let go of those memories that taught us so much...What do we have?

Raven

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:15 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

too true, too true

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:49 pm 

"The soul cannot have rainbows if the eyes do not have tears" I'm not sure who said that..but I've found it very true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:19 pm 

Quote:
"time will heal all"

I have to say that I have been one of those people that has said this to someone else. I will no longer say it though, becasue you have made me look at it in a different perspective....

One of my friends always said to me this quote. I don't know if he made it up, or if someone else said it, but it has held true for me as long as I know.

"Problems seem monumental until looked at from a different perspective."
~Kodi

Raven

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:43 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

You do not need to be loved, not at the cost of
yourself. The single relationship that is truly
central and crucial in a life is the relationship to
the self. Of all the people you will know in a
lifetime, you are the only one you will never lose.
Jo Coudert

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:21 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

khullm, you are exactly right to say that time doesn't heal all wounds. there are many things that happened when i was a child that i haven't got over and there are things that have happened this year and within the past couple of years that were just as powerful to me that i have gotten over now. time has nothing to do with how we get over something, or anything. its a personal thing, and usually a long road with many detours and turn-arounds.
raven, i like the quote "Problems seem monumental until looked at from a different perspective." but i don't always agree with it.
in general i try to see how my problems and other people's problems seem to them. tell someone their problems are smaller than they think doesn't help them any and can sometimes cause you to lose a friend. i understand that my problems aren't even "molehills," or "anthills" for that matter, when compared to the problems that people who have just had their house burned down. but the burnt down house isn't an "anthill" to the problems that the people in new orleans and other hurricane-hit places are facing. but the hurricane-hit problems aren't "anthills" to the people fighting a pointless war and worrying about their families that were in hurricane-hit places. but the fighting problems aren't "anthills" to the people that the war is being faught against. there is always a bigger problem. that doesn't make my problem, the people's whose house burnt down, the people who were in hurricane-hit places problems, the soliders' problems, or the people that the soliders are fighting's problems any less.
i realize that this idea sounds childish but think about it. when was the last time you told someone about your problem and they told you that wasn't really a problem, not compared to their's. did that really help you any or make to feel any better? probably not.
i think the best example is one a teacher gave to me. when you're little say 2 or 3 a bee-sting is the wrost. nothing is worse, nothing can fix it, it will go on forever and forever, and nothing can be done for it. then you've 16 and a bee-sting isn't anything, and you realize that there are much worse things that can happen and that happen to people everyday and your injuries and problems aren't as bad. but that doesn't make the 2 or 3 year old feel any better and that doesn't make a bee-sting hurt any less.
i'm all for putting things in perspection but not at the cost of people's problems. you breaking your toe doesn't make my bruise hurt anyless.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next