Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:31 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:53 pm 
Quote Guru
Quote Guru

truckernun, whats your age.... 17,18,19....? You might feel that it was Love and could be, but for that gentleman it might not have been so.. Girls grow faster then boys in maturity.. what we are at 22, you girls are at 16.... this makes the difference...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:31 pm 

I am 16.

Yes he was immature. But that doesnt mean I didn't love him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:27 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

truckernun,
you're welcome. i know how you feel when you say that you're drowning in the pain and how everything overwhelms you, even good things. i know for me good things were worse then the bad. the bad was easier to handle. i understand why you say that putting everything aside is easier and less painful but ifyou can, try not to do that. i put so much aside that i'm not the same now. there are things that i still can't handle because i didn't face it full on at the time. i heard a quote the other day, that reminded me of what you'r going through. "i'll rather go blind then have to see them together." i hated everyone that told me that the pain would go away, it's been over two years for me and it still hasn't stopped hurting completely, but i can deal with it now, which is something i couldn't say 18 months ago. if you ever need to talk to me pm me.

animalia

"In my time, nightmares walked among us, skewering victims in plain sight...This to make us laugh. And now nightmares are trapped inside the heads of humans...I wonder whom they angered so to merit such a fate?"

Post subject: hi i'm new
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:08 pm 

truckernun wrote:
What do you mean half way there? I am there. I am dead.

I feel nothing. I don't hurt, I don't smile. I am past half-way.

I am there.

Hi there, I'm new to the site. I'm not sure how often I will be posting; I just wanted to take a look around the forum, see what was up, how it worked, who was on... just in case I need some quote help from the masters later. University reports and all..

Anyway, the purpose for this, the first post is simply: Is this an accurate example of the e-drama that goes on here? Well, and the corollary of that first question: Do I have to care to be a member of the site?

Cheers! 8O 8O 8O 8O
8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:19 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

rocketfingers,
the people who have been around longer are more in a place to answer your question but i'll give it a go. this is a more family/friend type of forum. so it would definitely help you to "care." as to whether this is a normal type thing, i don't know i could say either yes or no and be correct. so simply......first, no you don't have to care. but if you don't care don't post where it is necessary to care, like this topic. second, you don't have to care but don't be mean. third, what you're doing it called "hi-jacking" a post. i've been guilty of it, we all have, but we're all making a point not to, so if thats your intention, do it somewhere else. sorry, if i sound harsh, i don't mean to.

and now, back to the topic...............

"In my time, nightmares walked among us, skewering victims in plain sight...This to make us laugh. And now nightmares are trapped inside the heads of humans...I wonder whom they angered so to merit such a fate?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:33 am 

Thank You Animalia for you comments on Teenage love, I think I might have gone on a rant if yo wouldn't have countered that.

Ishrat,
Maturity does not come with age, it comes with experience and this is also true of wisdom. One can experience and learn tons in one year, maybe more than another might. It is not our age that makes us who we are, it's the experiences we have gone through that make us who we are. Your opinion on teenagers not knowing what love is could be right, and it could be false. I do not pretend to know what love is, but no body really knows what love is. What love might be to you, could be different for someone else. It is not always the same. My God, there are people out there that consider getting the sh** beaten out of them "Love". This is only because of a psychological effect caused by their partner, but for the rest of their life, they might think this way. There is one thing that is common among people that love, and that is that they all care so much that they would do anything for the person. Including throw themself infront of a train. Lust is not apart of this. If it were just lust, we would find that we don't really care. There are people who can just have one night stands and walk away without any attachments to the person, and just don't care. When love is involved it is a whole different subject.

Okay! I went on a rant anyways. But I needed to get that out.

For someone that has been here longer:

Rocketfingers,
Quote:
Anyway, the purpose for this, the first post is simply: Is this an accurate example of the e-drama that goes on here? Well, and the corollary of that first question: Do I have to care to be a member of the site?

No, this is not an accurate example of the "e-drama" that goes on here. There really isn't any drama. For those that need to get things out or need help, we are here for them. We are family here, and we will help those who need it regardless of what reputation it gives us. We really don't care what anyone thinks. Try looking at the other forums before you make any pre-judgements. Sorry if I might seem harsh, but your post was not only irrelevant, but unnescasary(Don't think I spelled that right).

Raven

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:54 pm 

Thanks, Raven, for making clear the difference of love and lust.
You said what I couldn't figure out how to say.
There is a difference. I loved him.
And you can love at 16.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:14 pm 
The Sceptic
The Sceptic

Not sure what I can say, wish I could help but do you feel better now than when you first posted this. At first you always said I love him now you are saying I lovED him maybe subconsciusly you are recovering. It will take a long time but maybe now there is light at the end of the tunnel.[/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:41 pm 

It still hurts like nothing else...

But I made a conscious decision to move on. He doesn't want me there. He wasn't happy with me. I DO NOT want to be the cause of his unhappiness. If I just left, he would be happier. So I am attempting to drag myself away from him. Farther and farther. I can't even begin to describe to you how much it hurts.

But I am doing it.

I have to make a new life for myself someplace else. I am trying to change my life so that it doesn't remind me of him anymore.
And I have changed.
Alot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:00 pm 
Quote Guru
Quote Guru

You maybe right or wrong with your observations Raven.. I only say that from my experience of this world... it might be ture or may not.. Or It could be I do not believe in it and like to spend my time and money or myself...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:58 am 

Why would you spend time and money on yourself? It is so much more enjoyable spending it on someone you love!

Haven't you ever given something (time or money) to someone you love (even just family) and see their face light up?

I say... give give give.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:59 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Quote:
My God, there are people out there that consider getting the sh** beaten out of them "Love".

raven, you would be surprised what people call love. i agree that that's not love, but you would be surprised that so many people think that that is love, on both sides of the fist/foot/whatever they happen to be using. it's outrageous but true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:13 am 
Quote Guru
Quote Guru

When I say spending on myself (My family is included in this)... I would rather like to give to a person who works hard and earns less... and has a family to support... this would make me feel good and yes I give,will give and keep it doing till my purse is full... But I would rather disagree on the Love part... I can understand that you might have some feelings for a person and its not easy to forget the good moments you wasted or spend him/her.... But this life is not for infactuations or crushes but for you to prove yourself worthy of being a alive.. Crushes are meant to be crushed and this life is meant to get up and live your way as you would like it... I'm not against the love thingie but like to focus that it comes with age..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:27 pm 

Quote:
raven, you would be surprised what people call love.

Actually, I am not surprised at all. I wouldn't even know where to begin on that kind of subject.

Raven

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:28 am 

ishrat-
I agree that crushes are meaningless. I agree on that part. As long as the relationship we are discussing was a crush. This was so much more than a crush. Crushes are little flings with people we hardly know and we forget about them by the next day.
Love is so much more.

Raven/animalaia...
I hesistate to say anything on this. Reason being, I am that person you are discussing. Everybody saw it, everybody knew it, and even I knew it was happening. But when you love someone that much...
You would rather be HIS trash than someone else's treasure.
Note: it wasn't physical abuse. it was emotional.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next