Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:04 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:04 am 

thr r hundreds & thousands of quotes on this topic...but truckernun why r u so keen on ruining ur life for sm1 who never even looked back after leaving u....u must have heard this famous line-"set ur luv free......if it doesn't cm back,it was never yours".....u'll definitely find sm1 better...its just a matter of tym.....so cheer up dear.however i was rily glad to see so many members coming forward n getting u gng.....keep it up frnds

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:45 am 

Thanks Raven..... that was really awesome.

Kabir,
The reason I am "intent on ruining my life for this person" is that I love him. I know that he left and didn't look back. I know that. And yes, it hurt me. But I can't just walk away from him. it isnt that easy. I love him. And it wasn't just a schoolgirl crush either. I LOVED that guy. And I still do. And nothing will ever change that.

And thanks everybody for walking me through this. It is hard to see where I am going when my eyes are blinded by tears.

Note: Will be away from the computer for a week. Be back in 8 days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:50 pm 

Your Welcome Truckernun! Hope to see you on again soon. You should check out some of the things in the Fluff Forum, that is if you already haven't. We are rather family orieanted here, and treat each other that way. So if you ever need advice, or someone to talk to. Don't fear giving any of us a holler. We will be there to help.

Tootles,
Raven

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:47 am 

You left me and went your way
I thought I should mourn & grieve over my loss
For time is short

Youth wanes year after year
Spring days are fugitive
Fragile flowers die for nothing
And the wise man warns me up
That life is but a dewdrop
on a trembling leaf
Should I neglect all this?
To gaze after you
Who has turned her back on me?
That would be foolish
For time is short.

Therefore come to me
my rainy nights with pattering feet
smile my golden autumn
come,careless april scattering your kisses abroad
and come, you too my lover
We are mortals
and it wise to break your heart
For the one who takes your heart away
For time is short

It is sweet to sit in a corner
and long for you
Who is my world
You have my sorrow
I wipe away my tears
and change my song to one of laughter
for time is short

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:30 pm 
QuoteMistress
QuoteMistress

wow did u write that?
I loved this line:
Quote:
That life is but a dewdrop
on a trembling leaf

Rana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:17 pm 

no man..i didn't write it though i wish i had.. :wink: .....even i dnt know who wrote it...but i think its tagore.....shud we put this on "Who said that" forum......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:26 am 
QuoteMistress
QuoteMistress

ya maybe someone can find the writer...thx :)

Rana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:37 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Tagore is the author. It is from "The Gardener". Here is a different translation of the same part of "the Gardener".

You left me and went on your way.
I thought I should mourn for you
and set your solitary image in my
heart wrought in a golden song.
But ah, my evil fortune, time is
short.
Youth wanes year after year; the
spring days are fugitive; the frail
flowers die for nothing, and the wise
man warns me that life is but a
dewdrop on the lotus leaf.
Should I neglect all this to gaze after
one who has turned her back on me?
That would be rude and foolish,
for time is short.
Then, come, my rainy nights with
pattering feet; smile, my golden
autumn; come, careless April, scatter-
ing your kisses abroad.
You come, and you, and you also!
My loves, you know we are mortals.
Is it wise to break one's heart for the
one who takes her heart away? For
time is short.
It is sweet to sit in a corner to muse
and write in rhymes that you are all
my world.
It is heroic to hug one's sorrow and
determine not to be consoled.
But a fresh face peeps across my
door and raise its eyes to my eyes.
I cannot but wipe away my tears
and change the tune of my song.
For time is short.
~Rabindranath Tagore, The Gardener XLVI: You Left Me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:47 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling in at night. I miss you like hell.
~Edna St. Vincent Millay

For us there is only one season, the season of sorrow. The very sun and moon seem taken from us. Outside, the day may be blue and gold, but the light that creeps down through the thickly-muffled glass of the small iron-barred window beneath which one sits is grey and niggard. It is always twilight in one's cell, as it is always twilight in one's heart. And in the sphere of thought, no less than in the sphere of time, motion is no more.
~ Oscar Wilde, De Profoundis.

Sorrow like a ceaseless rain
Beats upon my heart.
~Edna St Vincent Millay,

When I stand before thee at the day's end, thou shalt see my scars and know that I had my wounds and also my healing.
~Rabindranath Tagore

Mourning is not forgetting... It is an undoing. Every minute tie has to be untied and something permanent and valuable recovered and assimilated from the dust.
-- Margery Allingham

You’ve lost the person you love, and with that your sense of purpose and beauty and joy. So lie there and feel your loss—and in doing so, become part of the cycle, too: afternoon to evening to morning again. Maybe tomorrow you’ll focus more on the sunlight….
~Mary D. Esselman and Elizabeth Ash Vélez, The Hell with Love: Poems to Mend a Broken Heart

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:02 pm 
QuoteMistress
QuoteMistress

thx Flametree :) gr8 quotes!

Rana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:31 am 

I dont have any quotes for you, but my girlfriend broke up with me 4 weeks ago after almost a year together, so maybe i know what your going through.
I keep getting the same thing, theres plenty more fish in the sea, theres some1 better etc. But as im sure its the same for you with him, in my eyes there is nobody better, i dont want to get over her, i love being inlove with her.
At the moment im faced with the one question that i cant find the answer for. I want to fight for her, but i dont know what to do. Follow my head and move on, or follow my heart which leads me back to her door. I always promised her when we were together, that if she broke up with me id fight, and that just made her smile and kiss me. I feel like i have to fight, even though it might be pointless.
Im sure my situation is much different to yours, and im only 17 which might be younger than you. However I do know that it hurts, and that there are probably so many people telling u that everything will be ok and life goes on etc. Well sorry to add to that list, but it does. I cant really give u advice on what to do now, and i dont know if anybody can say what you want to hear. All i know is that there are are always people to help you through these times, and time will make things better.

2 quotes that made me feel better were these ones, i hope they do the same for you.

Pray that your loneliness may spur you into finding something to live for, great enough to die for.
Even though its hard, try and think of anything positive. To get my mind off her i started doing weights, everytime i feel horrible, ill do some pushups or something. Which is something good i think.

and
The best way to predict the future is to invent it.
When your ready, your the only one who can change how u feel. Dont say that ur dead, even though u might feel that way. Right now it might be best to sit in ur room and cry, but your the only person who can make things better, and in time you will.

anyways i dont know if that helped, but even if it didnt just remember there ARE people to help u through.
Matt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:50 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

You know truckernun, I came to find quatationspage about two years ago when I was searching for some kind of consolment for my lost love. Quotes can do wonders in changing your outlook and providing some relief. But on a moreso negative note, the reason I am wandering around here today is because of that same girl. I know, that sounds bad. The thing is; I've done all those things that people tell you to do. I let her fly free hoping for her return, I've cast my line out and caught other fish, and I've watched time tick by with hopes of failing memory o the arrival of someone to take my heart again, and all to no avail. Don't get me wrong, the pain will ease, and hopefully it will go away, but it is a long rough process it seems.

I know thats a pretty negative outlook to give you when your down, but I figure it'll be about as helpful as people spewing the same old cliche lines at you. You will get better though, you may never forget, and you may never stop caring, but you'll get better. I would suggest just getting out and doing some things for yourself: try some new hobbies, spend time with your friends and family (they love you too!), or write about how you feel to yourself (this really helped me) and even though your mind will be running the same circles of remorse the whole time your trying to do this; just remember that the cycles will get fewer, and farther between, and hopefully will cease at some point in time. Either they will cease, or you will cease to be so vulnerable to their power. Life is rough, and I would rate love as being one of the toughest (and unfortunately most desired) parts of it. As for some quotes:

"Sometimes it is darkest just before the dawn" -an inspirational one.
"Some people would rather be certain they are miserable then to risk being happy." -a "tough love" (accusational) inspirational one.
"If your not too long, I will wait here for you for all my life."- remorseful
"Love is the sunlight in which we live by, it is inevitable, it is neccesary, and it can burn"- a reflective/metaphorical one.

Good luck to you, and if you find yourself here two years down the road, hopefully you will get the blessing of being able to tell your story to someone, as telling you this has helped me in some weird way (I don't think I'll be looking for "that" quote today after all.). Just remember, people have survived lost love for thousands of years, and we'll survive it too.

Don't show me the palm tree, show me the dates.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:12 am 

Yes, I have also found that writing about my emotions helps. Especially when I have no one to talk to about it, or I do not want to hear the same lines spewed at me all the time.

Welcome to the Quotations Page Sihvly! Hope you find what you are looking for, and hope that we hear more from you in the forums.

Raven :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:58 am 

Sheesh. everybody here is so great.

Thanks.

Sihvyl...
Thanks for the new opinions. If you have any more thoughts, please send them to me. Great quotes.

And Matt...
Wow. I am 16 so I feel everything you do. And I feel it the same way.
Its really great to find somebody my age who feels this too.

Flametree85... that whole poem was relatively AMAZING!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next