Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:36 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Lost Love
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:40 pm 

Do any of you have any quotes on lost love?

Love that you thought would last forever. Love you swore would never go away. Love that you fought for... and still lost.

Quotes say what my heart can't when it hurts this bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:24 pm 
Enigma
Enigma

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a teardrop.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. (God I hate hearing that one)~Alfred Lord Tennyson (also attributed to Sam Butler)

Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.~Kahlil Gibran

I was never one to patiently pick up broken fragments and glue them together again and tell myself that the mended whole was as good as new. What is broken is broken -- and I'd rather remember it as it was at its best than mend it and see the broken places as long as I lived.~Margaret Mitchell

I hope this helped a little. By the way, I'm sorry. I know it always sucks...
Yin

We hold these truths to be selve evident, but evidence is not ownership. Those words are not a decree that we have life, liberty, happiness. Only an iron clad statement that it is ours if we are willing to do all that is necessary to take it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:39 pm 

Yeah it does suck.

It hurts like hell.

I wish I could run out of tears, but I can't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:57 pm 
Enigma
Enigma

Yeah, but there are plenty more fishi in the sea.You'll find the one for you some day. Maybe not the next one (prolly not) maybe not for years, but you'll find him. May I ask how long the relationship lasted?
Yin

We hold these truths to be selve evident, but evidence is not ownership. Those words are not a decree that we have life, liberty, happiness. Only an iron clad statement that it is ours if we are willing to do all that is necessary to take it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:18 am 

Don't say that there are more fish in the sea. Thats what everyone says and I hate it. There aren't. I don't want them.

It lasted 2 years almost to the day. Two wonderful beautiful years. The only time I was really happy.

But now it's over. So I am dead.

"What do you live for when all you were living for is gone?"
~Source Unknown

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:35 am 

Quote:
But now it's over. So I am dead.

If you say that, you are already half way there. I know what the feeling is like. My worst fear in life is losing, and I am always striving not to. But...

"Where there is doubt, there can be no change."

It is at these times that we do not want to listen to anyone. The only thing that matters is what we have lost. We live in our own little bubble, seperate from the world. It takes realization to come out of it. To break that wall that splits us from the rest of life moving on.

Yin,
Quote:
'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. (God I hate hearing that one)~Alfred Lord Tennyson (also attributed to Sam Butler)

Did I not say this to you at one point?

"The best things in life require the most patience"

"True love never dies as we see in our eyes, only when we let go that we can truly say goodbye."

"A break up is like a broken mirror. It is better to leave it broken than hurt yourself trying to fix it."

Raven
:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:19 pm 

What do you mean half way there? I am there. I am dead.

I feel nothing. I don't hurt, I don't smile. I am past half-way.

I am there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:05 pm 

Hi there. This isn't Raven, but someone who cares for her . I was reading this forum just now, and truckernun's last coment struck me. I can remember feeling that way many times in my life. I, like most people, have also loved an lost. Until I met Raven, I had spent the last six years of my life alone, and resigned to the idea that I would probably be alone the rest of my life. I didn't care to make any effort to end my loneliness, thinking that I would never have anything or anyone as good as that which I once did. I turned down plenty of oppurtunities to have someone in my life simply because I believed that even if it was good for a time, nothing would last. I believed I would eventually lose, and return to the same miserable existence I knew before, the only difference being that I would be colder and more cynical than I already was. I was alive, but not really living. It took Raven to open my eyes and see that I was not the only person who had ever been hurt, and that my inablility to open myself to another was wrought of selfishness and cynicism. All of us lose at some point in our lives, and it's hard to pick yourself back up and trudge on when it seems your purpose for living has walked out the door. I've never ended a relationship myself; I've always been the one who was dumped. In my experience, there are few worse feelings. Fear is never a rational emotion, and is even less so when applied to romance. Truckernun claims that they are half dead. The truth is, you are too afraid of being hurt to open yourself up again. I know the feeling well. When other people tell you that it isn't impossible to find someone else, you tend to be cynical because the advice usually comes from those who do have somebody. What you have to realize is this. As bad as you feel, there is surely someone out there who feels worse, and has lost more. While we, in our loneliness, hide ourselves away in our gilded cages and shun the world for fear of pain, someone who we could be insanely happy with is doing the same thing. We make ourselves old and bitter before our time, standing like deer caught in headlights, afraid to move out of the way to save ourselves. We all have to remember that no one is going to come riding a white horse and pull us out of our misery(unless you're miraculously lucky). If we want to be happier, or love somebody, we have to work at it;it won't be handed to us. As hard as it is to lose, I've come to believe that living a life of fear and loneliness is not preferable to trying an failing.

I hope to someday make Raven my wife. I say hope, because I don't pretend to know the future. I love her, and would willingly sacrifice anything for her. Not so long ago, I would have never put myself on a limb like that. I was so afraid to lose that I refused to try. I am wiser now. Even if we part and go our seperate ways, I will no longer regret that which has passed. Every day we spend together teaches me more about the importance of hard work and sacrifice in maintaining a relationship. There is no such thing as a perfect couple; everybody is an individual, with their own needs and wants. It requires compromise and sacrifice on the part of both parties, and is becoming rarer in a world where instant gratification is the rule instead of the exception.

Unfortunately, these lessons are usually learned through loss and error. I have yet to meet anyone who did not lose when it came to love. My parents have been married for 35 years, and I know they have certainly known loss and pain, with each other as well as life. They have also known great joy, and their sacrifices and hard work has been rewarded. They consider themselves lucky, and refuse to take each other for granted, regardless of their long years together. While not everybody in the world can be so lucky, it should not be forgotten that there is always potential. Refusing to try is simply wasting what potential there might be.

"The world is full of great pain, and great joy. The first keeps you on the path of growth, the latter makes the journey tolerable."
-Montolio de Brouchee

Sincerely,
Matt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:02 am 

It isn't that I don't want to love again because I am afraid of getting hurt. If that is all it was, I could handle it.

It is that I loved so deeply and so purely and so profoundly, that when he walked away from me (without telling me why) my life was shattered. My poor little heart was shattered into a million billion pieces. Everything I had ever known, everything I had ever dreamed. My life, my future, everything left when he did.

When you have loved so truely, and that love spits on you, it leaves a dark hole. A void that cannot be filled.

I do not want to fill that void. My heart is his..... and his alone. I can't give it away again. I have nothing left to give, even if I wanted to.

And I know there are people out there who hurt worse than I do. And I cannot imagine what they must feel. But, I know that if I hurt any more, I would keel over dead. Literally. This is all I can take. This is the most horrible pain I have ever known. I can't just pick up the pieces of my life and move on like that. Even though he did. I would rather put all the little pieces of my heart in a basket and carry them with me. Carry them as a reminder of him. And yes, he hurt me. But I still love him with everything I have. I couldn't love him more. So I WANT to just carry the pieces with me. Everytime I look at them, and see my broken little heart, I can think of him. With love.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:33 am 
Searcher for Answers
Searcher for Answers

Time is the best remedy for pain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:08 am 

Quote:
It is that I loved so deeply and so purely and so profoundly, that when he walked away from me (without telling me why) my life was shattered. My poor little heart was shattered into a million billion pieces. Everything I had ever known, everything I had ever dreamed. My life, my future, everything left when he did.

Ah! The feeling of your whole world being turned upside down. Feeling as if everything you have ever known was purely a lie. (If I am wrong, please do correct me.) I have also expierienced this, but even that in time will pass. Like I said before, it is as if you are enclosed in a bubble, seeing everything through a haze. What you need to do is get out of it...even if you don't want to. Nothing can ever change unless you learn to let go and move on. Perhaps you should call him and ask him why he left you. Tell him that you need to know before you can do anything else. That you diserve that after two years of a relationship. There is no reason why he should not be giving you an explanation. If you do get an explanation, then perhaps you may be able to let go more easily.

With Hope,
Raven

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:26 pm 

I did ask him. He won't tell me. He gave me one of those "cop-out" reasons.

I will let HIM go. But I can't turn away from him. I still love him.

I still love him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:25 pm 

Farewell, but you will be
with me, you will go within
a drop of blood circulating in my veins
or Outside, a kiss that burns my Face
or a belt of fire at my waist.
My sweet, accept
the great love that came out of my life
and that in you found no territory
like the explorer lost
in the isles of bread and honey.~Pablo Neruda, Letter on the Road.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:41 pm 

Oh thats beautiful. Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:18 am 

Absolutely beautiful Phaedrus. You said more in 10 lines than I could in paragraphs. Wish I wasn't always so long winded, but I try to help when I can in the best way I know how. I wish you luck Truckernun. You are right though, we should never forget the ones we love and those that we have loved. They will forever remain within us as long as we live. Never forgoten! I see what you mean now, for I will never truly forget those that I have loved, but hold them in my heart as long as I can. Remembering everything they had to teach me in the time that I was with them. That is what you ought to remember. Everything that they had to give, and everything that you had to give. Sometimes it is remembering the good times that helps us break free from our broken souls. The freedom that lets us fly on wings of gold. I would like to post one of my poems here. I don't know if it will help or not, but it is one of the only poems I have on love.

Freedom of Love
By: Arianna G.

When I thought that I had no love left, it was just a breath away.
You are my shining star that gave me wings, so that I could fly away.
Above my walls that captured me like long lost prey.
Now I stand upon the cliff searching the seas.
Shrouded in bliss.
In your arms I will stay.
I know they shant let me fall.
For our love is deeper than the oceans can go.
It surpasses time, for we live in a world where all is eternal.
Wild and free like the horses from Tir Nin Noc that gallop the seas.
Can you fly on heavens wings?

Like Moons beams, if you walked into my eyes you would see the happiness inside of me.
Shock waves would travel through the air crumbling all the walls we thought could not be breached.
Loving you has made all my dreams come true.
Like living in a world where all is at peace.
Walking in the sand hand in hand across the beach.
Listening to the wind whisper through the trees.
Watching the stars shine on a midnight summers eve.
Can you fly on heavens wings?
Can you dream the dream of me?

Tootles,
Raven :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next