Quotations and Literature Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:42 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Suggestions wanted!
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 9:43 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm going to be making some changes around here soon and would like to hear any suggestions the regulars (or anyone else) has about this site in general.

In particular, should the light-blue color stay or go? (In all pages except this forum, the background for the content of the page is light blue). I'm considering switching to white, or maybe a lighter blue. Opinions? (I wouldn't bother to ask, but colors are the one thing I get lots of complaints about every time I change them.)

I'll have a few more questions to add to this thread as I plan and begin messing with things. Any ideas about the general design of the site and about features that could be added would be much appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2002 7:34 pm 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Keep the blue -- it's long-associated with the site, almost its "brand, and it's attractive.

I know what you mean about colors and people's opinions on Web sites, but if you remember from Steve Krug's Don't Make Me Think, people always comment on the colors because that's what they can think of to say something about; however, colors don't really matter as much as usability or function.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 6:41 am 
QuoteMaster
QuoteMaster

Blue is my favorite (general color) but I favor cobalt blue because it is less common. I was recently asked; what is my favorite color? It took me almost a 1000 words to decribe my favorite colors. Hair? Dark Blonde. Eyes? Green? Clothing? It depends on the season. Car/Truck? My new truck is bright silver/platinum (though it was not my first choice). It seemed that I had a different favorite color for everything that I own or relish. Flowers? Yellow (marigolds). Jewelry? White gold & onyx. Gym clothes? Charcoal, gray & black. (This went on and on.) Anyway, I have wondered more than once why people seemed to be reserved about posting in these forums. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2002 2:41 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

OK, the blue color stays. I'll see if I can figure out a way to get rid of the inconsistent white background in the forum, or at least part of it.

I also changed the graphic titles to text-based titles and moved them into the "box" (the light-blue part) rather than outside it, so it's more obvious which page you're looking at. (another tip from <i>Don't Make Me Think</i>)